• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino First report

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I am sorry to use this topic to log into the Forum but I can´t seem to be able to get into the forum any other way.
This morning we climbed through the ´Sierra Nevada´like terrain between Obanos and Lorca. We stopped to catch our breath and two nice young men caught up to us. Seeing my SA flag, the one man said:
´We have a friend from South Africa who is walking the camino now, her name is Sil.
It was Javier and Fernando!! I was SO pleased to meet them on the road and we walked together to Maneru where we had group photos taken. So that was my first contact with a Forum member.
For the September babies: There have been reports of bed bugs at Zuburi.
The albergue at Eunate is closed.
The albergue at Villatuerta is also closed.
At Roncesvalles a Coke costs 2 euro but along the way anything between 1.20 and 1.50
Coffee is 2 euro: White wine 1.50 and red wine 1.20: Bocadillo with one filling about 4 euro and with two 4.50 Water 1 and most pilgrim menus between 8 euro and 10 euro.
I got a tiny trip blister from a folded sock between Roncesvalles and Larrasoana and put a Compeed on it. Today the Compeed melted and stuck to my sock and when I took it off, all the skin came off with it - about the size of our Forum badges! I am going to have to try to walk in sandals tomorrow. We walked for 3 days in sludge, slush, foot sucking mud! Please pray for sunshine as I doubt I can walk thrugh mud with my sandals.From Lorca - over and out!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Great to hear from you Sil!

I split your post off from the other one and moved the topic to the "LIVE from the camino" section.

You should get some better weather tomorrow, today in Santiago we have had some rain showers but mostly cloudy/sunny.

Buen camino,
Ivar

Oh no, Sil! I'm sorry to hear that happened to you! :( If you are in/around Logrono Sept 10, I will give you some of my moleskin to use. I should be arriving there sometime early afternoon & will head for Ventosa the next day.

Here's to your blister healing up nicely & not slowing you down!

Kelly

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
For Fernando and me was great to meet you, too, Sil. He saw your SA flags as I told him two days before about it was possible to meet you anywhere.

Now during this week I continue working in Madrid, but possibly we will return to the Camino on the last weekend of September.

I hope you are having a very good Camino,

Javier Martin
from Madrid, Spain.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back