• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First snow at O Cebreiro

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi,
Walked into leon today, the hills in the distance looked beautiful with the snow caps. Just one small problem for me i have to walk that way.

mike

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Yesterday's dusting of snow at O Cebreiro seems to have accumulated into a fair depth!

yes, the mountains visible on our northern horizon here in western Palencia are beautiful and white today. When I returned from Santiago on Sunday (19 Dec.) the mountains west of Villafranca were snow-covered, but not dangerously so.
Hazard Yet Forward, Pilgrims, and Merry Christmas to you all!

Rebekah

CRTVG has removed the O Cebreiro webcam from its web page, but the camera is still there if you use the above link. Most curious.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
They report up to 15c in Santiago in the next few days, so most of the snow at O Cebreiro should be gone within not too long... of course it might come back :)

Buen CaminO!
Ivar

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Once again, O Cebreiro has a coating of snow!Warm greetings to all pilgrims in that region!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
anniethenurse said:
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia/galicia/2012/02/05/alerta-amarilla-fuertes-vientos-montanas-lugo-ourense/00031328451913408144853.htm

That is not snow that is after someone has thrown around some icing sugar. :D

It is not the first snow of the year, but it is snowing at O Cebreiro! With rain predicted for Lugo for the next couple of days, snow may continue at O Cebreiro.

See what it looks like in this 2010 video:

http://vimeo.com/19009743

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Rain and snow? That seems particularly unpleasant...

Attachments

• O Cebreiro 1.19.jpg
    O Cebreiro 1.19.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,383
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
LUGO
Private security workers started the Camino de Santiago in protest
LUGO / VOICE
January 22, 2013 5:00

A group of private security workers yesterday began their march on foot to Santiago as a way to "vindicate do dignidade labor sector". The walk began at the nine o'clock in heavy snowfall in Cebreiro and its intention is to Compostela on 26, where it is planned to organize a "popular sen chourizada bread because bread for both non chourizo hai." The protest action was organized by the IGC-Servizos and try to defend their jobs' cunha condicions laborais and salariais worthy pretensions border ore da bosses do sag and important collective agreement Acordos Baixa business. "
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia/lu ... 119914.htm

Attachments

• o cebreiro march.jpg
    o cebreiro march.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,272
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
First snow at O Cebreiro this winter season, November 29, 2012.
What a climb it was!!

Margaret Meredith

42O_Cebreiro.jpg

Skiing at O Cebreiro

New snow brought out the cross country skiers!

Attachments

• o ceb 2.23.jpg
    o ceb 2.23.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 945
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm sure that place has had snow in August , there and the crux are almost always butt freezing cold

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
O Cebreiro TODAY!

O Cebreiro today (right now).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-28 at 10.46.24.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-28 at 10.46.24.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 559
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
They report up to 15c in Santiago in the next few days, so most of the snow at O Cebreiro should be gone within not too long... of course it might come back :)

Buen CaminO!
Ivar

Snow on the reek , crough Patrick on clew bay on my training climb yesterday morning,

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back