Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Time and Primitivo

thereseDP

Hi to all,

We are three South African first time peregrinas that will attempt the Camino Primitivo end of April. This has been on my bucket list for many years, and after thinking at some stage that I must take it off the list, it is finally materialising. We are hard in training for the walk. Anyone else doing this route during this time. We will start from Tineo on 28 April and will continue to Finisterra/Muxia before flying back mid May.

Therese

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Therese...welcome to the Forum and the Class of 2012!

There continues to be a strong SA presence along the Way and many choose to walk the camino less traveled. I am sure that as time goes on and plans are made additional Forum members will pop up whom are also considering the Primitivo.

Please keep us updated as you close in on your walk and as you progress along the Way.

Tot Siens,

Arn

Welcome to the Forum.
We walked as far as Tineo in 2010 and are hoping to return to complete the Primitivo this year. As Arn says there are others thinking of walking the route. If you keep a check on the Primitivo section of the forum you will find some of us posting there as time goes on.
If you buy Forum badges you might also meet folk who are walking when you are, either along the Primitivo or when you join the Frances.
Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you Arn and Tia Valeria,

I am constantly looking for updates on the forum. Enoying all the feedback and encouragement. As the time come closer I am going from feeling totally prepared to feeling that I will never be able to make it. I am trying from keeping myself to not overplan, which is a habit of mine. Looking forward to the experience.

I also cannot decide how cold it will be for us coming from sunny South Africa, but it looks like the same when you go here into the mountains, could be many seasons in one day?

I am practicing walking with sticks at the moment and doing weekend hikes where there are some hills and packing and repacking my backpack!

Therese

We plan to dress in layers so that we can cope with temperatures ranging from very cold to fairly warm. Angulero has just added (Jan 31st) a good set of climate figures relating to the Primitivo around Lugo and Noreña. http://www.caminodesantiago.me/board/camino-primitivo/topic12613.html. Shows just how variable it can be.
This time we will have sleeping bags with us!

As 3 South Africans who did th Primitivo in August 2011, it is worthy of a bucket list.

Had an awesome time and would happily go back if the chance presented itself.

Have sent you a private message. Feel free to contact me should you wish to know more.

Graham

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just back from a 15km hike with full packs up and down hills and tracks. Tineo to Campiello is about 10.5km, followed by days of 15km+. It turned warm so we were carrying our thin fleeces on our packs too and still managed OK. Quite encouraging for both of us.
Buen Camino

PS: We have sent you a PM Therese

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back