• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Time in Spain

tuula

Hello
6th of June I wll arrive to Lugo with my sister and a plan is to walk to Santiago de Compostela about in 10 days. In some information there is that distance is 150 km and an other information that it is 100 km, what is right?
Is it possibil to get a map from this road and about sleeping places.
Aslo we are wondering how to get to know about sleeping places in Lugo (not hotels).
We are between 50-60 years old and exercising already for this walk :D
Thank you for this site!
Tuula

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Re: PM vs Forum post

Tuula...welcome to the Forum!

You've asked many questions and I'd like you to consider viewing these two topics...(1) FAQ and (20) Class of 2009.

There you will find the information, or at least a link to where you can find what you are seeking and the Class of 2009 will introduce you to many fellow peregrinos that may be walking the Way at the same time.

As to your questions about Lugo…1st go to this site:

el-camino-frances/

Then go to this thread to get additional info on Lugo…just search down the threads to find specific info such as hotels, etc.

search.php?keywords=lugo

Hope that helps,
Buen Camino
Arn

Thank you!

Thank you very much for your help, now I know much more after studying those addresses! :D
Will talk now with my sister about all that.
Warm greetings, Tuula, Finland

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Re: PM vs Forum post

The most common path to follow is the stretch between Lugo and Melide on the end of the Camino Primitivo route which joins the Frances at Melide.
You leave Lugo via the Porta Miña (or Porta do Carme - the oldest gate in the wall) and head for San Lázaro on your way to Melide. From there you follow the yellow arrows to Santiago.

tuula said:
Hello
6th of June I wll arrive to Lugo with my sister and a plan is to walk to Santiago de Compostela about in 10 days. In some information there is that distance is 150 km and an other information that it is 100 km, what is right?
Is it possibil to get a map from this road and about sleeping places.
Aslo we are wondering how to get to know about sleeping places in Lugo (not hotels).
We are between 50-60 years old and exercising already for this walk :D
Thank you for this site!
Tuula

Is about 100 km, but ask Jose Antonio, the very kind hospitalero in Lugo, he knows very well all the options.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Hello,
planning my first camino in early June 2010 (The Holy Year) after my eye operation this spring. Trying to read all I can and study hard. Planning my gear, what I have aiready, what I have to buy etc. I think the hardest problem is to get to Roncesvalles to start and after five weeks to get home from Santiago. Finland is so so far away...
Your site is marvellous, Thank you!
-T-

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Tuula,
nice to meet you at the forum!
Last year in September, I was walking about 200 km, a piece of camino Frances with my friend. If you like to get some information in Finnish of the camino, please visit http://www.yle.fi/loytoretki. The serie on YLE Teema has been very interesting but has just come to its last episode next Monday. On the site you can find links to other useful sites.
If you haven´t seen it, luckily you can see it on Yle AREENA for 30 days.

Pyhiinvaellusterveisin Tuulis
Buen Camino!

Hello :D
Yes, we have been following that serie.
As you were walking 200 km, I am wondering as we are walking on June, so do we need a real sleeping bag or is it enought to have that silk kind of sleeping bab (Im trying to awoid a heavy bagpack)
tuula

tuulis said:
Hello Tuula,
nice to meet you at the forum!
Last year in September, I was walking about 200 km, a piece of camino Frances with my friend. If you like to get some information in Finnish of the camino, please visit http://www.yle.fi/loytoretki. The serie on YLE Teema has been very interesting but has just come to its last episode next Monday. On the site you can find links to other useful sites.
If you haven´t seen it, luckily you can see it on Yle AREENA for 30 days.

Pyhiinvaellusterveisin Tuulis
Buen Camino!

Hello again,

I think it would be safer to take a sleeping bag, just in case. You never know the weather! Of course it depends of your accommodation- in refugios or hostels... I had a very light sleeping bag (500 g) with me and it was good. I carried about eight kilos with me and it wasn´t too bad.

tuulis

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back