• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

first time on a camino? feel free to read and comment on my blog

andywild

Time of past OR future Camino
CF april 18.. CP sep 18.. CF april 2020
I decided to document my Camino adventure (CF) with a blog. This will be my first Camino and I plan to go from couch potato to trail-ready between feb1st and april 18th (my start date). As I prepare for my Camino no doubt I will make mistakes which I hope you can avoid. Also maybe it will inspire you if, like me you are unsure wether this journey is for you.
My blog will continue through my final month of training and throught my Camino. Hopefully you can join me as I undertake the biggest thing I have ever attempted in my life. My blog is at firstcamino.wordpress.com and I would be delighted if you would have a look.. any advice would be greatly appreciated (and shared) be it about my journey or even my style of blogging !! (I'm new at both)
thank you

Buen Camino

https://firstcamino.wordpress.com/

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I decided to document my Camino adventure (CF) with a blog. This will be my first Camino and I plan to go from couch potato to trail-ready between feb1st and april 18th (my start date). As I prepare for my Camino no doubt I will make mistakes which I hope you can avoid. Also maybe it will inspire you if, like me you are unsure wether this journey is for you.
My blog will continue through my final month of training and throught my Camino. Hopefully you can join me as I undertake the biggest thing I have ever attempted in my life. My blog is at firstcamino.wordpress.com and I would be delighted if you would have a look.. any advice would be greatly appreciated (and shared) be it about my journey or even my style of blogging !! (I'm new at both)
thank you

Buen Camino

good read! I start about a month after you so i'll enjoy following your progress. Thanks for posting!

thank you

Buen Camino

Well done, Andy. Sounds like you are open to whatever the Camino throws at you. Buen Camino, and I will check in on your blog as you go along, thanks for posting the site.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Salomon Speedcross. :D Way to go. Never looked back since I started using them instead of heavy boots.

Buen Camino Andy

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you all for your comments. It's good to know that people are enjoying reading about my progress/mistakes. I'll try and keep it as informative and fun as I possibly can
Buen Camino

Tried to comment on your blog, but failed. I am enjoying it. Keep it going!

Thanks kirkie. The blog is going well (probably better than the training) a few people have said they can't find a follow button but I think you're the first that couldn't comment. I think that makes you special. I will consider awarding badges at the end of the month to be honest i haven't got a clue how the site works I'm just winging it still.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
" I admit that most walks involved a celebratory visit to a pub"

- made me smile

Buen Camino!!

thank you

Buen Camino

How are you Andy? Are you doing " El Camino" now? .... Buen Camino
I am planing on doing "Camino de Compostela" on Sep 1st 2018 and I am more then exited... this will be the biggest thing I ever attempted as well.

How are you Andy? Are you doing " El Camino" now? .... Buen Camino
I am planing on doing "Camino de Compostela" on Sep 1st 2018 and I am more then exited... this will be the biggest thing I ever attempted as well.
Hi, i set off in exactly two weeks ! I can't wait. Bag is nearly packed and just a few more practice walks and I'm off !!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
thank you

Buen Camino

I am loving your blog. Trying hard not to just binge read it all in one sitting. I would enjoy doing so, but I suppose I should be somewhat productive in the job I am paid to perform.

Keep it up!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There's a strong chance there may be more blogging in the near future. I'm trying to work out how I can get a second Camino into this year's plan.. I'm glad you liked the CF one, I'm amazed at how many people have positive things to say about it. It makes writing it worthwhile

There's a strong chance there may be more blogging in the near future. I'm trying to work out how I can get a second Camino into this year's plan.. I'm glad you liked the CF one, I'm amazed at how many people have positive things to say about it. It makes writing it worthwhile

So far I am only on your Day 15, but have learned so much from it and picked up on some valuable tips. Besides all of that, your writing is hilarious. I am sure I speak for many when I say that I hope there is more blogging in your future.

Hey andywild Id like to hear some of your post camino thoughts since you've been home for a while and have had time to reflect...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back