• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

first time tomorrow

sulu

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
a few since 2010
I've got my ticket for tomorrow, I've packed my bag and now i feel SICK .... I just want to go to bed and wake up when it's all over. I think I must be mad, Why can't I be like your average pensioner and just sit at home or go shopping? :?
Having said that, Thank you for the very useful information on this site.
If I survive the next few days I'll send a LIVE message. Those starting within the next week ot two will probably catch up and overtake me. :)

Buen camino
Sue

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sick of anticipation, I guess, Sue!?

Enjoy your camino, everything will be fine, you will see.
(I really envy you, I have to wait for some month till I can 'camino' again)

Blessings!

I think everybody feels a bit apprehensive about stepping out into the unknown. But once you get going you'll find the Camino welcomes you with open arms.
Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Sue,

Enjoy the anticipation! There is nothing like "the night before". I envy your excitemt!

Buen Camino!

MSpath

(Looking forward to continuing my 6th Camino in October)

grayland said:
Where are you starting, Sue? I guess that you will start walking on the 9th or 10th?

I'll start on the 9th in Roncesvalles. I expect you'll catch me up fairly quickly.

mspath said:
Sue,

Enjoy the anticipation! There is nothing like "the night before". I envy your excitemt!

Buen Camino!

MSpath

(Looking forward to continuing my 6th Camino in October)

I could manage without the anticipation but I suppose it's part of the trip.

Thanks for the support.
Sue

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Buen Camino Sue, Be yourself, and "Saint Jacques will take care of you". You'll hear this in St. Jean p de p.
Oh, I've just re-read you'll depart from Roncavalles, so I guess it will be "Santiago" will watch over you.
Ultreyia.

Sue, I hope it all goes well for you, I have recently just booked flights to go in June and I am looking forward to hearing how you get on. I am new to this forum and it sounds like there is lots of friendly advice available. I hope this will be an incredible experience for you! x

Sue
I hope you´ve brought lots of layers, ´cause it´s COLD out there!
I understand your feelings... I´m starting out a week from now, and I´m already excited like a kid counting down to Christmas. And I´ve done this before!

You are in for a lovely time. It will not be anything like you expect!

Reb.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
" I´m starting out a week from now, and I´m already excited like a kid counting down to Christmas. And I´ve done this before! "

Oh, the innocence of it all. Buen Camino to you Rebekah.

Thanks for the support but I should have listened to my gut feeling!
I woke up yesterday to ´wall to wall´sunshine, when i got to the station i was happily anticipative, this continued until i neared Vittoria when it became obviius that we were late and I may miss the bus to Roncesvalles! The worst was yet to come! Just outside Vittoria the train started to speed up then breaked dramatically and eventually stopped, to cut a long story short we had some how managed to hit a workman on the line! Why any workman stands still whilst an express train runs towards him takes some understanding :!:
My last information is that the man lives but has lost his legs!!
I can only feel very, very sorry for the poor driver, who, eventually had to continue driving the train, I know I couldn´t have done that.
My camino ended up postponed a day but hopefully I go to Roncesvalles this evening, please God nothing else happens.
My thoughts on the camino will now be with the driver of that train.
Sue

This is not a good way to start your Camino.
Tomorrow you will reach Roncesvalles and began your journey. Do not dwell on the accident so that it does not detract from your joy and adventure.
I will be a few days behind you.
Buen Camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back