• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First timer

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2022)
I just wanted to say thank you to you all for such wonderful advice so freely given here. I am about to start my Camino on Monday. It has been calling me for a few years- popping up unexpectedly in shop window displays, magazine articles, tv programmes. As if to keep nudging me and saying ' Hey! Remember me? I'm still here'.
And then out of the blue it appeared on the staff noticeboard and someone was offering to make up a group. I didn't even know about this route. I didn't even know there were so many routes. I told myself it wasn't the right time, I didn't have any money, wrong time of year, it was too hot, too far, no time to prepare, no walking shoes, no time to break new ones in, too scary. In fact I was in danger of talking myself out of it altogether. And so I did what any sane person would do, I booked the flights.
It is meant to be. I want to go out with an open heart. I really hope I can be the person that helps someone else's Camino shine. I want to see and hear things that bring peace to my mind. I have deliberately not asked too many questions ahead of it as I want to just let it be whatever it is meant to be for me.
Happy walking to you all. May your water bottle, not the albergues, always be full!
Bon camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Buen camino, peregrino...

And remember, in a couple of days/ weeks you will leave the camino, but the camino will never leave you again...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi LongRun,
You have made such a brave leap from your Comfort Zone, well done you. You have been called and you are answering the call. Things will never be the same again. Take each day as it comes and remember all you need is love in your heart, what ever you have in your ruck is optional,
Aidan

Hi First Timer,
You are setting out with the right attitude. Take every day as it comes and be open to whatever and whoever you meet.
I did the Portuguese coastal route a couple of times and also the main Portuguese route and French route. It will get under your skin!
Enjoy it.

I have deliberately not asked too many questions ahead of it as I want to just let it be whatever it is meant to be for me.

Just the right mindset. Enjoy your Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
And so I did what any sane person would do, I booked the flights.
It is meant to be. I want to go out with an open heart. I really hope I can be the person that helps someone else's Camino shine. I want to see and hear things that bring peace to my mind. I have deliberately not asked too many questions ahead of it as I want to just let it be whatever it is meant to be for me.
Happy walking to you all. May your water bottle, not the albergues, always be full!
Bon camino!

Wow!! Best quote ever!! :) Have a blast!! Buen Camino!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to you all for such wonderful advice so freely given here. I am about to start my Camino on Monday. It has been calling me for a few years- popping up unexpectedly in shop window displays, magazine articles, tv programmes. As if to keep nudging me and saying ' Hey! Remember me? I'm still here'.
And then out of the blue it appeared on the staff noticeboard and someone was offering to make up a group. I didn't even know about this route. I didn't even know there were so many routes. I told myself it wasn't the right time, I didn't have any money, wrong time of year, it was too hot, too far, no time to prepare, no walking shoes, no time to break new ones in, too scary. In fact I was in danger of talking myself out of it altogether. And so I did what any sane person would do, I booked the flights.
Bon camino!

Boa noite peregrino, I wish you a pleasant pilgrimage. I hope you will always find a bed, because the coastal is very crowded at the moment. Nearly all hotels and pensions are booked out - too many portuguese holiday makers this year.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
...I am about to start my Camino on Monday. It has been calling me for a few years- popping up unexpectedly in shop window displays, magazine articles, tv programmes. As if to keep nudging me and saying ' Hey! Remember me? I'm still here'...
He he. Have you ever heard the saying: "The Camino is calling you. Subtle but consistent".

You have the right attitude. Prepare dinner with new friends, take it all in, and explore. And return.

Bom Caminho!

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back