• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fisterra Certificate

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for posting! I was so frustrated last summer because I was told to go to the albergue to get it after 1300 and I got there and there was a sign on the door saying to go to the tourist office. I arrived at the tourist office - just after they closed for lunch. Which made me mad because I had literally been outside the tourist office an hour earlier but didn't know I was supposed to go there instead of the albergue - so I didn't. And I had to catch my bus so I didn't get it! I was planning to just bring my book this summer to try to get it - but maybe I will email them now and see first!

Do you know if we can email Muxia as well? I couldn't find where to get it in Muxia (also during COVID)

Thanks for posting! I was so frustrated last summer because I was told to go to the albergue to get it after 1300 and I got there and there was a sign on the door saying to go to the tourist office. I arrived at the tourist office - just after they closed for lunch. Which made me mad because I had literally been outside the tourist office an hour earlier but didn't know I was supposed to go there instead of the albergue - so I didn't. And I had to catch my bus so I didn't get it! I was planning to just bring my book this summer to try to get it - but maybe I will email them now and see first!

Do you know if we can email Muxia as well? I couldn't find where to get it in Muxia (also during COVID)
I am on my way to Muxia, staying in Lires tonight. According to my guide book you can get the certificate (for Muxia) at Bela Muxia which is where I’ll be staying tomorrow

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am on my way to Muxia, staying in Lires tonight. According to my guide book you can get the certificate (for Muxia) at Bela Muxia which is where I’ll be staying tomorrow
Yes, I stayed there last year. And I did get my stamp there. They didn't say anything about getting the Muxiana there - and the apps/guidebooks gave different instructions and I couldn't find the place. I should have asked at the albergue but didn't.

We got our Fisterrana last October by emailing a photo of our credencial to the email address posted on the door of the office (the image posted by Skybo). We got it the next week. We did not go to Muxia.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We got our Fisterrana last October by emailing a photo of our credencial to the email address posted on the door of the office (the image posted by Skybo). We got it the next week. We did not go to Muxia.
I just sent my email - will see how long it takes!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm following this as well as I will be walking to Finisterre and Muxia this summer. I've sent an email to the Albergue Bela Muxia to see if they have set times for delivering the certificate. I'll share here what I hear back from them.
Buen Camino!

Edit: here's the message I got back from Bela Muxia - guess you have to get it at your albergue / hotel.
"Hola, la oficina de peregrino esta cerrada, lo tienen que pedir donde duerman, ahí se lo facilitan, saludos,"

Last edited:
In 2017, I got my Muxia certificate from the albergue I stayed in which was not Bela Muxia. I think it is also available at the tourist information office.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you! I emailed Fisterra and they replied they are sending me my Fisterrana, now off to email Muxia!

SO excited I will get them afterall! I was so sad last year when I didn't get them.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
So this thread has me wondering - how are they paying for postage to mail these certificates? Or even to print these certificates? Just curious - does anyone know? Do they use taxes to support these Camino related expenses? Or is there some sort of fundraising/donation system in place? Do the businesses pay (I am sure it brings Camino tourists to their town and to their businesses)?

Again - just curious!

Just FYI - I emailed Fisterra on 4/20 to request a certificate. I received it today! Only 9 days to get from Spain to Arizona, not bad!

Never received a reply from Muxia though - maybe one will just come in the mail? Or maybe no reply means no reply!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just FYI - I emailed Fisterra on 4/20 to request a certificate. I received it today! Only 9 days to get from Spain to Arizona, not bad!

Never received a reply from Muxia though - maybe one will just come in the mail? Or maybe no reply means no reply!
So - as a follow up - I never got a reply from Muxia - but I received my certificate in the mail today! So happy that I got all of my certificates from last year! Well - I never got the Sahugan "half way" certificate - but when I arrived it was early in the morning and I wasn't sure of the directions or if the place would even be open due to COVID - so that one I made an active decision to skip. The others - I just couldn't find the places before having to move on.

So - as a follow up - I never got a reply from Muxia - but I received my certificate in the mail today! So happy that I got all of my certificates from last year! Well - I never got the Sahugan "half way" certificate - but when I arrived it was early in the morning and I wasn't sure of the directions or if the place would even be open due to COVID - so that one I made an active decision to skip. The others - I just couldn't find the places before having to move on.
Than

just walking and arrive today.

Bit jealous here. Still haven’t received certificate from Fisterra though I did get email saying they would send it

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
This may have already been asked and answered, but thought I'd try anyway. I am contemplating walking from Santiago to Muxia in a couple years. Is there a certificate available if you just walk to Muxia, or do you need to walk to Finisterre as well?

This may have already been asked and answered, but thought I'd try anyway. I am contemplating walking from Santiago to Muxia in a couple years. Is there a certificate available if you just walk to Muxia, or do you need to walk to Finisterre as well?
This website is in Spanish, but you can translate with Chrome browser, or Google. It says: To obtain the Muxiana it is necessary to present the pilgrim's credential , with the seals of Negreira , Olveiroa and Fisterra or Lires .

This website is in Spanish, but you can translate with Chrome browser, or Google. It says: To obtain the Muxiana it is necessary to present the pilgrim's credential , with the seals of Negreira , Olveiroa and Fisterra or Lires .
Thank you; very helpful!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back