• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fisterra

ScallopShell

Time of past OR future Camino
Oct 1, 2023
Planning a walk from Santiago to Finisterra in 6 November.
Will there be accommodation to stay on the way and in Finesterra during that period or will they be closed at that time?
I think it might take three days. Has anybody done that route before? Thanks for the insight

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Not in November but my wife and I did SdC to Finisterre in 3.5 days end of June 2022
It is very doable

Will there be accommodation to stay on the way and in Finesterra during that period or will they be closed at that time?
I think it might take three days. Has anybody done that route before? Thanks for the insight
Many of us have walked from Santiago to Finisterre/Fisterra (Spanish and Galician names) . I've done it a few times. The first time I took three days, and on other trips I took four.

You can check Gronze for open accommodations during that time. I'm sure that there will be something open on each stage. Gronze is in Spanish, but if your use the Chrome browser it will automatically translate to English or the language of your choice.

When you click on an accommodation Gronze will tell you when it's open.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I just checked some albergues on Gronze, and there is at least one open for each of their stages through the end of November.

Upon arrival in Fisterra pick-up certificate of completion at albergue there. Simply present credential with stamps from Santiago to Fisterra.

In 2002, albergue in Negreira had heated floors in dorm and very clean. Since then maybe not so tidy.

Double-check before heading out.

It’s such a nice trek.

Buen camino.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I've walked to Finisterra and Muxia, took 3 days for each walk, it's doable...4 would be nice :) Not done in November though. Buen Camino

I've walked to Finisterra and Muxia, took 3 days for each walk, it's doable...4 would be nice :) Not done in November though. Buen Camino
Hi
I hope to do same biginning of October, am 79 so intend to take 6- 8 days. the long second day to much
Jim

We walked in July this year. 4 days:
Santiago to Negreira - 22km
Negreira to Lago (Albergue Monte Aro was lovely and friendly) - 27km
Lago to Corcubion - Hotel Pension Mar Viva - 26km
Corcubion to Fisterra - 12km - stayed at the lovely Hotel do Banco Azul overlooking the small beach
You can check availability on Booking.com for all above options
I would not have wanted to walk in fewer days, but it was very hot in July.
One important thing I learnt was that, unlike the Frances, you couldn’t depend on finding places to eat outside of normal meal times, so plan when you stop.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Can anybody suggest a nice spa in the area upon my arrival? Someplace to get a massage and relax for a couple of days.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back