• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fitbit Charger

BoyRoger

BoyRoger IOW England
Time of past OR future Camino
I'm on the Ingles at the moment , staying in Nada tonight but I've left my Fitbit One charger at home. I'm told you can only buy them online and it would take too long. So I know it's a long shot but I wondered if anyone also walking the Ingles now has one I could just use for a couple of hours please.
Here's hoping.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm on the Ingles at the moment , staying in Nada tonight but I've left my Fitbit One charger at home. I'm told you can only buy them online and it would take too long. So I know it's a long shot but I wondered if anyone also walking the Ingles now has one I could just use for a couple of hours please.
Here's hoping.
I lost my fitbit charger within the first week last year. There was another pilgrim with the same model who stayed at the same albergue as me a couple of times, and he charged my fitbit for me. Eventually we got out of sync, and I just gave up on it.
You can also track your activity using your phone. Many phones have an app pre-installed to do this, or you can download one.

My Fitbit stopped working after a year and a half. I have been using the "Health" app on my iPhone. It is pretty reliable for recording walking. I think because it uses GPS, there is no way to calibrate it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If your fitbit does not record the trip, you did not walk it. You will to go back and start again with a proper recording fitbit.... Yes, I am kidding, it does frustrate me too when it happens to me. I start my Camino next Monday and hope to record my steps on fitbit and Mapmyfitness (I like to have proof I am doing something to stay healthy but drives my wife crazy). I would happily share my charger with a fellow fitbit mate.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And this is why I love my Garmin Vivofit 3, it does not require charging. Looking forward to seeing my step counts!

If your fitbit does not record the trip, you did not walk it. You will to go back and start again with a proper recording fitbit.... Yes, I am kidding, it does frustrate me too when it happens to me. I start my Camino next Monday and hope to record my steps on fitbit and Mapmyfitness (I like to have proof I am doing something to stay healthy but drives my wife crazy). I would happily share my charger with a fellow fitbit mate.
So true in my case. I do not take one step without my Fitbit One. Sorry I am not able to help out with sharing of the charger. We are doing the CF and starting on May 8. While other apps will capture steps my Fitbit has been my partner for the last 5 years. I have the "badges" to prove it. My husband thinks I am nuts!

Here's hoping.
I still can’t comprehend the need for a Fitbit, especially when on the Camino. I know I’m pretty old (almost 80) but my body can usually tell me how far I have walked - I don’t need that information in steps. I know if I sleep well and I know what and when I need to eat. My thoughts when walking many miles are to be aware of the amazing world we live in and how very lucky I am to appreciate it. It is a time to leave some of the incredible technology available to us at home.
Just my 10 cents worth.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I still can’t comprehend the need for a Fitbit, especially when on the Camino. I know I’m pretty old (almost 80) but my body can usually tell me how far I have walked - I don’t need that information in steps. I know if I sleep well and I know what and when I need to eat. My thoughts when walking many miles are to be aware of the amazing world we live in and how very lucky I am to appreciate it. It is a time to leave some of the incredible technology available to us at home.
Just my 10 cents worth.
I'm 74 and addicted to it.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back