• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Five days to go.

darronb

Only five days to go until the start of my camino. Everything is ready but i have a question for you. Am arriving in A Coruna on Friday night at 23.30 was wondering if anyone can tell me if taxes will be about at that time (Have had problems in past with airports being ghost towns at this late hour) I have a hotel booked ( hotel Avenida) about 3k away and would rather not walk to it.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes, I've arrived on that flight and there was a line of taxis ready. Last time our flight got diverted to Santiago and we had to take a charter bus to Coruña arriving at 1:30 am and there were a bunch of taxis ready to take us into town.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Only five days to go until the start of my camino. Everything is ready but i have a question for you. Am arriving in A Coruna on Friday night at 23.30 was wondering if anyone can tell me if taxes will be about at that time (Have had problems in past with airports being ghost towns at this late hour) I have a hotel booked ( hotel Avenida) about 3k away and would rather not walk to it.

I plan on doing the Ingles in October. Looking forward to hearing about your adventure.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

We arrive in St Jean on Saturday. So excited!

Darron, if you have not booked a bus from La Coruna to Ferrol, I would recommend the train. Very picturesque route, not much more cost, and you cover much of the Ingles journey for the first 2 or 3 days.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'll do my best to post about it. Having said that I've just seen the weather forecast and think I will have to pack wet weather gear lol
I would never go to Galicia without wet weather gear at any time of year. Despite anything that Rex Harrison sang in the movies the rain in Spain falls mainly in that top-left corner. Sometimes feels as if it is aiming for me in particular :)

Agreed. The best thing that I took with me was a golf umbrella with a half pole. Decathlon sell them for about 12 pounds, and there is a Decathlon shop on the main shopping street in Ferrol.

Kept the top half of me, and my rucksack, dry when it rained (and far more comfortable walking along with the top half of me dry, than just being soaked, albeit in a waterproof), and was able to stick it in my bag when it did not.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back