• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flechas Amarillas por todas las partes..

Annette

I am starting to see it as a sign... as I am sorrounded by the yellow arrows...

Since I moved to Barcelona 3 years ago I have had the dream of walking coast to coast... (Barcelona - Finistere).

The Camino in Barcelona (Camino Catalán) is marked from the seaside, passes by the catedral... and MY frontdoor... and it continues on to Montserrat... and then on to Logroño... where it meets Camino Frances... (there is more than one Camino from Montserrat) another goes to Camino Aragon (St. Juan de la peña).

Lately I've seen that the Amigos del Camino in Barcelona have repainted some of the yellow arrows... and this means that every day when I go to work I see the yellow arrows... I follow them to go from my work place to the train station... - AND they are also just outside my front door...

It can only mean that I HAVE to do Barcelona - Santiago - Finistere... (next summer) if I can EVER get the time off work... as this will take approx. 2 months... - it is not as easy to take time of here in Spain as it was in Denmark...

Aleready daydreaming... and I am actually suppose to be working...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Annette, you have sparked my interest. I am intending on walking the camino again next year, this time starting in Somport. (I would have just finished the coast to coast in England,) but now I am keen to know more about doing a coast to coast in Spain instead! Do you know how many kms it would be? very exciting! After reading your blog I realise I walked last year about two weeks behind you, and much slower anyway. It was interesting to hear you thought September was cold last year - I was freezing! I too ended up having to buy thermals in Leon. If you have any more info on the Spanish coast to coast camino I would love to see you post it. Are there albergues in Barcelona? and further along to Logrono? cheers, Jane

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi,

Every year there's some pilgrims walking this Camino.

The path between Barcelona (St. James Square) and Montserrat is quite long to walk, about 62 km, and every year is walked during the night the last weekend of june by many people. There's not albergue, so you have to sleep in a hostal.

After that, the Barcelona Association has worked to find albergues and places to sleep along the route. If you need to know exctly where tell me and I'll find and publish here.

This association is walking one weekend a month to repaint arrows and to mantain the Camino.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

I have just returned from this Camino and was greatly impressed by the work done to improve the signing. It is a revolution! There are yellow arrows everywhere, and signposts at major intersections tell the pilgrim how far it is to the next destination, and if other trails from other hiking networks link to that point.

In Catalonia, the signing is confusing into Cervera (keep to the left and follow the hydro-electric lines into the town). In Aragon, the weakest point -- from Loarre to Sarsamarcuello-- is likely due to construction. As well, on the first day, follow the detailled instructions from the Barcelona group's guide, which instruct us to ignore the yellow arrows out of Montserrat-- my guess is that they lead one to the Ignatian trail to Manresa, but I could not find anyone to confirm it. However, I went well astray in 2007 following those arrows, so I strongly recommend that would-be pilgrims get this guide-- I found it most reliable, although it takes the southern trail to Lleida, rather than the northern one to Huesca.

There are new albergues in Bolea (key available at Casa Rufino bar) and Berbegal, and the Ayuntamiento staff in Tamareite told me that they have worked hard to keep the albergue there clean and ready for pilgrims. However, it is still not clear if there is any accommodation at all between Berbegal and Huesca, and much searching brought me no information--- accordingly, I bussed that stretch, as the 35km of one of the stages would have been too much in that heat without any assurance of somewhere to sleep.

It is still solitary-- in two weeks I saw no other pilgrims, and there are considerable stretches without obvious access to water. It would likely be available at farmhouses, but they can be far apart, as much of the land is covered by very sizeable orchards. However, the welcome was warm and receptive to pilgrims. Much work has gone into improving it and both volunteers and local auhorities should be congratulated.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for the interesting thread. I would also be interested in learning more about this Camino.
I hope Annette keeps us advised as she makes her plan... :D

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1 - To Montserrat we go ...... 4 yrs since the last Camino, older, less brain cells, easily confused usually followed by a touch of frustration and sometimes panic :) . I left Coventry, UK at...
Hiya, currently on the Camino and I’m in need of some advice on how to split up the days from Huesca until I reach the Camino Aragonés by Santa Cilia. I have a rough plan but the next few days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back