• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flight booked! Praying to the lucky rabbit's foot...

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I think 1st September is reasonable: Portugal has things well under control and is actively welcoming visitors. It's on the UK "Green List".

We may see you on your Camino: my friend from Montana and I plan to leave Lisbon on 15th September and will be walking the Coastal route from Porto. It would be great if you could post any information on the availability of albergues along your route.

Above all I hope you have a wonderful trip.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I think 1st September is reasonable: Portugal has things well under control and is actively welcoming visitors. It's on the UK "Green List".

We may see you on your Camino: my friend from Montana and I plan to leave Lisbon on 15th September and will be walking the Coastal route from Porto. It would be great if you could post any information on the availability of albergues along your route.

Above all I hope you have a wonderful trip.
I pre-booked most Albergues. I am sure there will be plenty of beds available but things did look a bit booked up (reasonably priced places).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Look at Porto too. It's a quick and easy bus trip to Santiago.
I'll second that! ALSA bus line has that route. Very comfortable buses.

From Western Canada, it’s much less expensive to fly into Porto. I haven’t yet found the confidence to book a flight, but have rooms booked at my favourite place in Santiago just in case. They can be cancelled, but it feels good to have some optimism. Hoping end of October will be decent weather.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
From Western Canada, it’s much less expensive to fly into Porto. I haven’t yet found the confidence to book a flight, but have rooms booked at my favourite place in Santiago just in case. They can be cancelled, but it feels good to have some optimism. Hoping end of October will be decent weather.
Virgin Atlantic was still allowing me to alter or cancel my flight without penalty #ifcovid. So I figured why not!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Walgreen's started selling an at-home Covid test that the US is accepting for reentry. You buy it in the US, download the app, take it with you, and then when it's time to take it, the app interfaces with a qualified medical person who observes you take the test and observes the results. It can all be done in your hotel room the night before.

Yup, ticketed today SFO-MAD Sept 29-Oct 15. We'll see...but I'm pretty confident. If it doesn't work out the loss of ticket cost will be nothing compared to the bitter disappointment of crushed Camino dreams.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Only walking to Conques this time but me too:

View attachment 99941
We may arrive about the same time... I have a flight to Barcelona on 9/27 and plan to take a hopper flight to Lyon on the 29th. Probably walking 16 days, starting from Le Puy on 9/30.
In any case - Bon Chemin!

I booked for arriving in Lisbon the 1st of July. I'm REALLY hoping that the EU announcement of allowing fully vaccinated people holds for that early! I've got my vaccine card and the summer off! Come on, EU! You can do it!!!

Ruth

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Dear people, In April, we will cycle from Seville to Santiago de Compostella on our recumbent tandem. It will be our first time cycling a camino and we are really looking forward to it. After...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back