• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flight cancelled, looking for advice on bus from Biarritz to Bayonne

Tom DeWolf

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Fall 2019
Portuguese plan: Summer 2025
Hi all,

my flight from the U.S. on Norwegian Air last night was cancelled. I've re-booked different flights for today, arriving in Biarritz tomorrow late night, staying in a hotel about half a mile from the airport. For this Saturday morning (Sept 14), I've booked the train from Bayonne to SJPDP at 7:42am. What I'm having trouble figuring out is the bus location and schedule from Biarritz to the train station in Bayonne. Can I catch a bus at the airport, or somewhere else? Do I book in advance or pay when I board the bus? Any info will be helpful soon. Thank you!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Anglet airport serves both Biarritz and Bayonne.
For ease of getting to Saint Jean Pied de Port it would be best to spend the night in Bayonne and travel to SJPdP the next morning.

In Bayonne the simple
Hotel Monte Carlo is good inexpensive choice located opposite the rr station. Nice cafe and resto also. Here is their web .

From Biarritz airport (Anglet) take a Chronopost bus 14 to the BAYONNE rr station (Gare SNCF).
Travel time is roughly 30 minutes.

At Bayonne station take a regional TER line 62 train to SJPdP.

Generally there are several TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP each day.

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Anglet airport serves both Biarritz and Bayonne.
For ease of getting to Saint Jean Pied de Port it would be best to spend the night in Bayonne and travel to SJPdP the next morning.

thank you. Does the bus run late at night? my flight arrives Biarritz at 10:45pm Friday night

Hi Tom,
The bus company is Chronoplus and it used to be line 14, but I did a quick check on their website and there seems to be a complete new system starting only last week. If I read it correctly, line 3 and 4 go from Biarritz through the airport and on to Bayonne Place des Basques. Line 4 continues on to the station in Bayonne. The first bus on Saturday morning is about 06.35, so it should get you there in time for the train. Here is a link for the bus timetable and the new map of the bus routes.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back