• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flight from Cincinnati, OH to Biarritz

Sandringhamnyx

Time of past OR future Camino
I need to travel from Cincinnati, OH USA to SJPP to walk the Camino in early October 2013. It seems that I need to book flight from Cincinnati (CVG) to the Charles De Gaulle (CDG) airport in Paris. From Paris can I get a flight directly to SJPP or do I need to take a flight to Biarritz and a taxi or rail to SPP? Or, can I take rail directly from Paris to SJPP?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi!

I think the most popular route is Paris CDG by train to Bayonne. Otherwise you can fly with Easyjet from CDG to Biarritz/Bayonne or from Paris Orly with Air France to Biarritz/Bayonne. See how the timings work out best for you.

Either way just get the train from Bayonne to SJPP and you're up and running...or at least walking! :D Buen Camino!

Check your flights here:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You are going to have an idea, what connections you have to get. Once you find what do you need, copy the information and give it to travel agent.

YOU CAN NOT BUY TICKETS HERE (YOU ARE NOT A TRAVEL AGENT). IT IS ONLY FOR INFORMATION

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The web site recommended above does not include discount carriers like RyanAir, which flies between London and Biarritz and is a far cheaper option. It also flies between Dublin and Biarritz. Remember EasyJet as well.

You need to find a gateway city in Europe, like Dublin or London or Paris. And then consider how to connect from your gateway to Biarritz and from (I assume) Santiago back to your gateway.

This takes patience and persistence. Just keep track of your options and prices on paper as you work it out. It's a puzzle that definitely can be solved. Deciding up front if you have a day or two to spare (for Paris, for example) on the way in or out helps too.

Good luck!

Yes, the problem with London or Paris is that an overnight stay can make a big dent in your budget. Hotels are ridiculously expensive, even for the lowest standard. In London you also have to change airports from Heathrow or Gatwick to pick up the flight to Biarritz from Stansted. If anyone is doing this route don't stay in central London, but use a budget hotel near Stansted (Travelodge, Premier Inn etc), which are significantly cheaper - unless you're loaded, in which case Park Lane has a number of suitable establishments! :D Buen Camino!

I believe EasyJet will be flying from Gatwick to Biarritz soon so you could get a flight to Gatwick and go direct from there

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Dave Courtenay said:
I believe EasyJet will be flying from Gatwick to Biarritz soon so you could get a flight to Gatwick and go direct from there
Yes they do, but it only seems to be once a week (Saturdays). The last date they offer prices for at the moment is 5th October. Buen Camino!

Take a good hard look at Dublin, good connection to Biaritz on Ryan Air and good connection from Santiago on Aer Lingus....both economical.

I travel to and from Cincinnati several times a year, fly to Bordeaux and take the train from there to Bayonne and on to SJPP. There is a shuttle bus between the airport and train station every 45 minutes or so and my most recent connection was timed perfectly. Another suggestion I saw is also valid if your timing is right that being to fly to Paris and take the TGV to Bordeaux, the issue normally is the flight arrives in Paris early morning and the first train has already left and the next one is about 4 hour wait.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We are flying out of Cincinnati (CVG) in May to Paris (CDG) for 1168.00 USD and onto SJPDP via high speed train for 95.60 euros a reserved ticket. You can book a direct flight from CIN to Paris on Delta. (I think Delta is the only carrier in Cincy anymore). We also booked our train on TGV-europe.com saying we were Brits, otherwise you get forward to an US website which charges extra just for being americans. When you book your ticket, book it from the Paris Montparnasse Station straight to Saint Jean Pied de Port, that way it will include the transfer from Bayonne to SJPDP at no additional cost. You can collect your ticket at the train station, make sure you bring the same credit card that you booked the train tickets to retrieve your ticket. I also recommend staying at the L Esprit du Chemin when you get to SJPDP and make your reservations now, it books quickly. Hope this is helpful!!

Booked my flights this AM (Aug 20-Oct 9)
Aer Lingus RT from Tampa to Dublin $789 US
RyanAir Dublin to Biarittz $139 US
Aer Lingus Santiago de Compostella to Dublin $61 US
Total Airfare $989 no trains needed - I think this is a good value versus Paris or Madrid.
Not sure about Cincinatti but I image it would be similar - Aer Lingus is flying from Boston and using JetBlue to get me there from Tampa.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back