• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

flight from Paris

Evita

Time of past OR future Camino
camino frances start SJPP 15. may 2018
hola!! my name is Eva from Iceland. Planning on walking the frances in sept-okt. Will fly to CDG Paris the 21st of sept. Is it easier to fly to Bayonne or Biaritz?? and what is easier to take a bus/train from Bayonne or Biarittz to SJPP?
1594B4E9-7375-4A72-BBE8-1AECBD65BD79.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Is it easier to fly to Bayonne or Biaritz

It's the same airport as the two towns are a few miles apart.

what is easier to take a bus/train from Bayonne or Biarittz to SJPP?

It is more of a personal choice. You can check the train times on the SNCF site or you can check with Express Bourricot if they are picking up pilgrims from your flight (which keeps the cost down)

Hello fellow pilgrim,

take the bus from the Biarritz airport to Bayonne cathedral (1€ in 2019, a bit like sightseeing), cross the river (a 10min walk) and you will see the trainstation. The ticket for the train was 12€ in 2019.

On the train you will meet many of your fellow pilgrims. Take a seat in the car on the side of the station, you will see the landscape way better.

Have fun planning and walking!

Buen Camino!
Roland

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I kind of am on Team Biarritzdon about taking the fast train to BOD (2 hrs), hop on train to Bayonne, one more change to St. Jean

hola!! my name is Eva from Iceland. Planning on walking the frances in sept-okt. Will fly to CDG Paris the 21st of sept. Is it easier to fly to Bayonne or Biaritz?? and what is easier to take a bus/train from Bayonne or Biarittz to SJPP?
View attachment 102517
Hi Eva
Biaritz is the airport for both Biaritz and Bayonne. It is pretty much equidistant between the two towns. I went this way for my second Camino. Walk out of the airport and take the bus to to Bayonne. It will drop you about a 5 minute walk from the station. There is a direct train to Saint Jean Pied de Port from Bayonne.
Also on my first Camino I flew to Paris and took the train from Montparnasse in Paris direct to Bayonne and changed trains there.
Buen Camino
Vince

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
View attachment 102517

As you read above, it is the same airport and a pleasant flight.

For getting to St Jean from the airport, there a several options from which to consider.

The first option for travel to SJPdP starts before you board your flight to Biarritz. Look for fellow pilgrims -- packs, shells, patches, anxious expressions :). Ask if anyone would like to share a taxi to St Jean, or if anyone has space to share a ride. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a few takers. After arriving in Biarritz, do the same as you walk through the terminal to the front entrance, and look around the front entrance as well.

Another option is to contact Express Bouricott shuttle service. They run scheduled shuttle vans, and you can reserve a seat by contacting them. Here is a link with information. Express Bouricott shuttles are usually full (around 8 passengers per shuttle, although COVID policies may reduce that number) so reservations are highly recommended. The total cost of a shuttle ride is divided among all riders, so for a full shuttle, the cost per person is around 20 Euro.

Others have mentioned the train as another option.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...
Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Well, maybe not. My plans are to leave for France on May 4th, stay overnight in Paris, train to St. jean, and begin the Camino! and Thursday I came down with covid. and yes, it did indeed put me...
Ten years ago to the day, I returned home from walking the Camino Frances. People asked me if I would do it again, and I said absolutely. I thought I'd be going back in "3 to 4 years." Obviously...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back