• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flight Prices

gholsong

I was about to order tickets already for next summer (2006), but before I did a friend told me that flight prices are generally high during the first few weeks that the flights are scheduled, and then drop after a time, before rising again as the flight approaches. Is this true? Should I wait to buy tickets, or get them now? If I wait, when should I go ahead and buy?

Thanks a ton. By the way, for American pilgrims, flights on Aer Lingus seem to be the cheapest way to get to Europe. They also fly to a lot of places on the continent.

Grant

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hmm... I've always learned... book as fast as you can and that's what I'm always doing.
If you wait to long, the cheapest tickets are already forgiven, so I'd say... go ahead and book the flight :D
That's what I'm always doing when I have to fly... if it's within Europe or to America / Peru, always book as fast as I can.

But maybe someone else has got another / better suggestion.

Never flown with "Aer Lingus" and have no idea if that's the cheapest one.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I was about to order tickets already for next summer (2006), but before I did a friend told me that flight prices are generally high during the first few weeks that the flights are scheduled, and then drop after a time, before rising again as the flight approaches. Is this true? Should I wait to buy tickets, or get them now? If I wait, when should I go ahead and buy?

I was looking through some old Conde Nast Traveller magazines the other day and they had done some research on flight prices which seemed to prove what your friend said. The cheapest time is from a few weeks after the flights are open for booking till about a month and a half before the flight, during that time they reach a floor price which does not vary much. The most expensive time is just before take-off.

Other factors such as local sporting events, fiestas, seasonal holiday periods (Christmas, Easter and August in Europe) also cause peaks so if one day/week seems out of line you may find there is a local Grand Prix or Football Game that is distorting things for a short period.

Buen Camino
William

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back