A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Flights booked today

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
Welcome to the forum, September is a lovely time to walk in Spain.
Happy planning and Buen Camino.

Wokabaut_Meri

merely labeled
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances SJPdP - Santiago (April/May 2015)
Can well remember that feeling. Savour it and every moment of your Camino.

All the best with your planning don't forget to factor in some recovery from jet lag time.

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo
Ditto what Wayfarer said, I walked Sept/Oct and it was gorgeous. Whether you be a down under Perth, a Highland Perth or an Canadian Perth, warmest welcome to the forum.

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
Which route are you doing ?

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
Enjoy it. it is 10 years ago I walked this as my first Camino. Many more since...beware! Better start saving!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2014, Sarria to Muxia 2015, Frances on to Muxia 2016, Frances/SDC/Fisterre/Muxia (Sep 2018)
I'm jealous and I just got back 3 weeks ago!

I love September as a time of year for the walk and have had good to great weather for 3 years on the trot - this year I started a week earlier (leaving SJPdP on 15/9) and hit one of the busiest periods and was one week later than a heat wave that had passed through the Meseta.

Although busy, there was always room to be had in the municipal Albergues which couldn't be booked ahead and I found I walked so that I could start looking for a bed about 2pm which also gave me a good wind down.

Enjoy the life changing experience and your Camino Family when you get there.

If you are near the Blue Mountains in Australia we meet for a Pilgrim dinner and great conversation on the last Friday of most months and you would be most welcome - facebook "Bluemountainscamino"

Enjoy planning it and give yourself plenty of time to do the walk.

Tony

Camino(s) past & future
Planning for September 2017
I'm jealous and I just got back 3 weeks ago!

I love September as a time of year for the walk and have had good to great weather for 3 years on the trot - this year I started a week earlier (leaving SJPdP on 15/9) and hit one of the busiest periods and was one week later than a heat wave that had passed through the Meseta.

Although busy, there was always room to be had in the municipal Albergues which couldn't be booked ahead and I found I walked so that I could start looking for a bed about 2pm which also gave me a good wind down.

Enjoy the life changing experience and your Camino Family when you get there.

If you are near the Blue Mountains in Australia we meet for a Pilgrim dinner and great conversation on the last Friday of most months and you would be most welcome - facebook "Bluemountainscamino"

Enjoy planning it and give yourself plenty of time to do the walk.

Tony
Cheers Tony thanks for the update, our time frames roughly the same as yours we hope to start at St Jean 18/9 and depart Madrid 9th Nov.....should be plenty of time for us.....and yes should we be in the blue mountains then would definately catch up...cheers again

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago
Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Kiwi-family Australia and New Zealand 15

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%