• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flights Booked (Very Early)

HikingGeo

Time of past OR future Camino
2017-Sarria to Santiago and Lires to Finisterre
I am using air miles, so I had to book as soon as I could for May, 2017. I will be hiking with a few friends. We have time constraints, so we will be doing the Sarria to Santiago leg. I know that is frowned upon by some, but at age 67, I am still working and don't have the luxury of taking off 30+ days to complete the full route. Some of us (myself included) will do Santiago to Finisterre in addition to the Sarria/Santiago leg. I have gained a lot of useful knowledge from the veterans on this this forum and look forward to learning a lot more during the next eleven months.

George

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
George-- by no means diminished your Camino-- you could had chosen a cushy beach vacation and instead you are walking the Camino de Santiago; Bravo my friend!!

Buen Camino!! Have fun planning!

Buen Camino George! I also booked my flights 11 months ahead to snag the cheapest possible airfare...the worst part is just all the waiting. I'm down to 2.4 months and counting.

I hope you have a great pilgrimage in May.

Ultreya,

-Jason

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi George, I'm glad I read your post, now I know my case is not so unusual. I too have just booked our flights very early, for Camino in April 2017. Aside from flights, we have already bought Altus ponchos from Spain. I also don't have the luxury of taking many weeks off from work so my wife and I are doing the last leg of Camino Portugues, it will be our first Camino. Cheers!

You do what you are able to do within the constraints life throws at you, and it is your Camino. You will have a great time.

"Frowned upon"? No way! Many of us "repeat offenders" started the same way. My first camino was supposed to be my only camino and I only had two weeks. Well...got the notorious camino bug and 12 years later have been on 6 caminos of varying lengths depending on time available. When asked which camino was best, I can't answer because all were perfect and exactly what I needed at the time.
You're now officially part of the camino family! Enjoy your year of planning.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
At 61 I'm still working and can't take more than a couple weeks at a time. 2017 I hope to finish the Frances - Astorga to SdC and if I have a day or two extra will bus to the end of the world. If I had a week or two extra I'd go visit the town 1.5 hours due south of SdC that is the same as my last name. I'm not Spanish and my last name is Norwegian. Some Viking raiders must have visited that part of Spain a long time ago. :)

Buen Camino George! I also booked my flights 11 months ahead to snag the cheapest possible airfare...the worst part is just all the waiting. I'm down to 2.4 months and counting.

I hope you have a great pilgrimage in May.

Ultreya,

-Jason
You likewise, Jason!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi George, I'm glad I read your post, now I know my case is not so unusual. I too have just booked our flights very early, for Camino in April 2017. Aside from flights, we have already bought Altus ponchos from Spain. I also don't have the luxury of taking many weeks off from work so my wife and I are doing the last leg of Camino Portugues, it will be our first Camino. Cheers!
Have a great Camino!

"Frowned upon"? No way! Many of us "repeat offenders" started the same way. My first camino was supposed to be my only camino and I only had two weeks. Well...got the notorious camino bug and 12 years later have been on 6 caminos of varying lengths depending on time available. When asked which camino was best, I can't answer because all were perfect and exactly what I needed at the time.
You're now officially part of the camino family! Enjoy your year of planning.
Thank you, I will indeed!

You are going to have a great time George and Sarria to Santiago de Compostela is no small feat!

Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buen Camino George. You are almost there. Have fun. Remember we all have our favorite melt down around day 7 more ore less. The pack back you will feel after a week no more and lots of fun 👍.

Buen Camino George. You are almost there. Have fun. Remember we all have our favorite melt down around day 7 more ore less. The pack back you will feel after a week no more and lots of fun 👍.

Given that this thread is almost 3 years old I sure hope George has made it by now!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Guess the dates are sometimes too smal for me.🤓

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back