• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flights finally booked.

darronb

I have finally booked my flights to Santiago. Have found this forum invaluable and no doubt will have a few questions in the coming weeks before I leave. First question. I have tried to download Johnny walkers guide but the donation button doesn't seem to work. How do I get it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi @darronb ---did you book your flight to Madrid, or where to? Will you be walking to Santiago de Compostela? Which route have you chosen?

I'm not sure what the problem with the donation button could be! You mean this site's donation button, or does Johnny Walker's guide have one?

Sounds like you are going to have a fun time in any event!

Ah, I see what you are saying @darronb ... the big red "Donate Now" button (which links to the CSJ) right below Johnnie's guide lands on "page not found".

I believe you can still download the guide (and come back to donate later!), but the admins will probably want to check on that to restore the link. (Clicking around the CSJ site, I see where existing members can renew, but not new members.)

The Ingles is a beautiful route! There is a lot of great information on the forum, and Johnnie Walker's guide is extremely helpful. Enjoy and Buen Camino!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ah, I see what you are saying @darronb ... the big red "Donate Now" button (which links to the CSJ) right below Johnnie's guide lands on "page not found".

That's the one will download it and try to donate later.

Hi @darronb ---did you book your flight to Madrid, or where to? Will you be walking to Santiago de Compostela? Which route have you chosen?

Booked my flight into Santiago and will catch the bus or train to Ferrol, overnight there and walk the camino ingles over the following week. Am 99.9 % sorted just a couple of things to finish up and find out about.

You do not have to be a member to donate to CSJ (so far as I know). Try downloading the guide from CSJ direct - the donation link went there anyway via the forum. Payments should go through as they sell guides to non-members. (The link above goes to the on-line download list, then click on the Camino Ingles 2014 link.)
Another alternative is to order a hard copy, but you maybe prefer the download. Great guide, great Camino
Buen Camino

Last edited:
That's the one will download it and try to donate later.

Booked my flight into Santiago and will catch the bus or train to Ferrol, overnight there and walk the camino ingles over the following week. Am 99.9 % sorted just a couple of things to finish up and find out about.
Have a fantastic time. I walked the Ingles this March and I can honestly say it was a life changing experience. Buen Camino!

I had printed out the guide and downloaded it to my phone. After the first day, I gave the booklet to one of my walking mates (who cut out the day's sections to only carry what was necessary for the day), and I just used the online version. That way we both had something during those times we didn't walk together. Both worked out perfectly for each of us (we all have our preferences). I'm with Anna, it was also a life changing experience for me. :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.