• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flights from CDG to Biarritz

Time of past OR future Camino
Hoping to go in April (2014)
I am trying to book my flight from CDG to Biarritz. What a dilema. My flight gets in at 7.20am and the cheapest flight with Easy Jet leaves at 7.05 their next flight being at 16.00 (four) I cant see myself waiting that long for a flight. Air France is showing only flights from Orly, and their prices seem almost double that of easy jet. There is a flight (form Orly) at 12.55 which is $109 au which would not be too bad as I would still get to ST Jean in daylight. Though four hours will be a bit of a pain. If I book this flight, how hard is it to get to Orly? Need help here. I thought there would be more 'planes going that route. Or more times to book.
thanks in advance.
trish

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am trying to book my flight from CDG to Biarritz. What a dilema. My flight gets in at 7.20am and the cheapest flight with Easy Jet leaves at 7.05 their next flight being at 16.00 (four) I cant see myself waiting that long for a flight. Air France is showing only flights from Orly, and their prices seem almost double that of easy jet. There is a flight (form Orly) at 12.55 which is $109 au which would not be too bad as I would still get to ST Jean in daylight. Though four hours will be a bit of a pain. If I book this flight, how hard is it to get to Orly? Need help here. I thought there would be more 'planes going that route. Or more times to book.
thanks in advance.
trish
Hi Trish,
No problem getting to Orly from CDG, Air France has a shuttle bus, we did this on one Camino. Nice easy way to get to Biarritz/Bayonne.
Buen Camino
Colin

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Trish - I also arrived into CDG from Australia (in 2011) and then took the shuttle to Orly for my flight to Biarritz.

It was very easy to find the bus even though CDG was incredibly busy and crowded!

buen camino

You will be arriving at 7.20am, and this is the time the plane touches down. It still has to taxi to the arrivals dock which may take 15 mins. After going through customs, immigration etc and finding the bus stop (which is fairly easy), it could be 8.20am which is at the peak of the rush hour. Orly is roughly on the other side of Paris from CDG, and when I did it at rush hour the journey took almost 2 hours. Bearing in mind the cost of the fare and the convenience of arriving in St Jean about (I think) 4.30, I would recommend the Easyjet flight. Easyjet by the way is far superior to Ryanair.

Paris Airports official website:
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/en-gb/passagers/home/

CDG to Orly shuttle bus information:
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/...c-transport/paris-orly-cars-air-france.htm#a2

Bus goes every 30 minutes from 05:55 daily. Journey time 01:15.

See the train from CDG airport to Bayonne about 06:15 duration. Consider time needed to get from BIQ airport to Gare Bayonne to catch the train to SJPdP. I suggest that you don't try to get information for trains from CDG to SJPdP ... it seems to exceeds the website ability to give information. The Bayonne train goes from CDG to Bordeaux. A transfer is needed to another train to Bayonne. Then you buy a ticket at Bayonne station for the TER regional train (TER 62) to SJPdP. The train might work better than waiting all day for a flight.
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/billet-train/horaires

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Or ......... you could do what I am going to do (I arrive from Singapore at 6.55) and that is catch the TGV from CdG to Bayonne. I figure this way I don't have to stress about catching trains across town and finding my way around. You do change at Biarritz, but you will be there, with luck, to catch the last train to SJPdP or, if you miss that, there are plenty of hotels just by the train station ready for you to hop on first thing in the morning! There is a TGV from the airport at 10.16 going down and it is a quite pleasant journey in a jet lagged state! I speak from experience. Good luck, Janet

Does anyone remember pre covid how many daily flights to Biarritz from CDG were usually available . The reason I ask is , I went to Easy Jets website today to book my flight and they only had one flight at 730 PM. My flight arrives at 8 am. I was wondering if as things get a little closer to normal by my arrival on Aug 16th there might be more flights available or if I should just book the Train. I don't expect things to be anywhere near pre covid conditions but if there was 1 or 2 more flights daily, it would make all the difference. Is this normally an extremely busy route?

We booked with Air France on August 17th. I recall a good selection of flights with EasyJet in 2019 so it could be they are preparing to ramp up? We are taking a shuttle to SJPdP from Biarritz at 14:30 if our dates match hop aboard! Prices drop with every additional booking.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Does anyone remember pre covid how many daily flights to Biarritz from CDG were usually available . The reason I ask is , I went to Easy Jets website today to book my flight and they only had one flight at 730 PM. My flight arrives at 8 am. I was wondering if as things get a little closer to normal by my arrival on Aug 16th there might be more flights available or if I should just book the Train. I don't expect things to be anywhere near pre covid conditions but if there was 1 or 2 more flights daily, it would make all the difference. Is this normally an extremely busy route?
IMHO, take the train ...

Cleigh. Thanks for the offer, I will see if 14:30 works.

Trish - I also arrived into CDG from Australia (in 2011) and then took the shuttle to Orly for my flight to Biarritz.
It was very easy to find the bus even though CDG was incredibly busy and crowded!
I took the train from CDG to ORY to catch my connecting flight to Bayonne. Both Air France, flying in from Hannover/Germany. It was a pleasant way to cross the city without any traffic or crowding and was recommended as an alternative way instead of the busses.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I took the train from CDG to ORY
I am an experienced traveler and I admit I found the ticket purchase to get into Paris (or to Orly) more than a little confounding. Several of the automated ticket machines weren't working. I speak fairly decent French and was able to get help from people in my line. But the regional (RER) trains are fast and efficient.

You are probably more familiar with these ticket machines as a European.

Thank You for the Biarritz Airport information. I was unaware of Transavia Airlines. Rather than wait most of the day for a flight I think the Train will be my best bet.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank You for the Biarritz Airport information. I was unaware of Transavia Airlines. Rather than wait most of the day for a flight I think the Train will be my best bet.
Have a wonder, restful trip! And IF you would like or need to stay in Bayonne overnight, I would suggest the Hôtel Côte Basque, (but plenty of others across the bridge) just across from the train station, and catch the first train in the morning to SJPP. I've stayed there twice, and wandered around Bayonne for a bit of exercise following a long flight, and train ride - nice town with Camino things to see. If you take advantage of picking up a few supplies (food & water at a local supermarket for the mountain crossing), you can begin walking after the visit to the Pilgrim office. BUT, think about staying in SJPP for the day and a night to attend the Pilgrim service in the evening. So many options...
Buen Camino!

Thank You OTH86. Staying in Bayonne and the Pilgram Service in St Jean both sound like excellent ideas. Thanks for the advice. Are there 2 different train options from CDG. Is one of them a high speed train?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
They took over the domestic lines that had been served by the Hop! airline. It happened a year ago, during a restructuring of Air France.

Hop! airline was the one I used from CDG twice (EasyJet once) to get to Biarritz, where I was then met at the terminal by Express Bouricott for a quick ride to SJPdP. It's kinda sad to see Hop! go bye-bye.

@Traveller44 I see a train from CDG leaving at 11h03, 1 hour trip to Massy TGV station, 48 minute to change to a TGV to Bayonne leaving Massy at 12h52, arriving Bayonne 16h49. Do a search CDG to Bayonne train, and use the trainline.com option. Good luck, & Buen Camino!

@Traveller44 I see a train from CDG leaving at 11h03, 1 hour trip to Massy TGV station, 48 minute to change to a TGV to Bayonne leaving Massy at 12h52, arriving Bayonne 16h49. Do a search CDG to Bayonne train, and use the trainline.com option. Good luck, & Buen Camino!
Perfect , thank you. Trainline.com is easy to use. Just what i need. Should i consider the first class option?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
thanks in advance.
trish
Spend the night in Paris & take the train the next day.

I had the same issue , arriving early and then waiting all day to fly so I think the plane is a better opinion for me. Perhaps it will work for you as well. OTH86 sent me this message.... I see a train from CDG leaving at 11h03, 1 hour trip to Massy TGV station, 48 minute to change to a TGV to Bayonne leaving Massy at 12h52, arriving Bayonne 16h49. Do a search CDG to Bayonne train, and use the trainline.com option. Good luck, & Buen Camino! Went on the website found a train leaving from CDG at 1103am arriving in Bayonne 1649pm. Looks like an easy and comfortable way to get to most anywhere. Bien Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If I live CDG at around 8:20 hs, I would take the RER (train) to Saint Michel station, leave there, have a little stroll by the Seine, marvel again at the Gothic facade of Notre Dame, and have a café au lait in one restaurant with a nice view. Everything with just a few steps.
Then RER again, let's say at 14:00s to Orly (Antony station + Orlyval shuttle, easy-peasy) and wait for my flight at 16:00 hs, rested and pleased.
If you feel intimidated by ticket machines (yes, they are somewhat complicated) there are ticket offices with "real people" at CDG and Saint Michel. Clerks usually speak English and are used to tourists.
I can imagine many worse things in life than being stuck in Paris for two or three hours...But well, that's me.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We are flying out of CDG with Air France at 12:30ish and arrive in Biarritz at 14:00 on August 17th.
I am arriving on the 16th ,but not leaving sjpdp until the 18th. It looks like sharing a ride will not work . Thank you for the offer. Safe travels, buen camino

You bet. We will be starting out the same day!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Not this time around. I am a horrible sleeper at the best of times so will shuttle back to SJPdP from the Virgin Mary and back the next am. Sure enjoyed the personal connections made in Orisson tho. Two life long friends made, a trip together last summer and numerous calls back and forth.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back