• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flights to vigo from Dublin

Michaela Flanagan

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances walking last 100 km in April 2019
Walking the last 100 km in April holy week. Flights from Dublin to Santiago very expensive, does anyone know another way to get to sarria to start camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
How about flying to Madrid and getting a bus from Madrid to Sarria? If you book in good time, there should be cheap flights.
Buen Camino to you!

Walking the last 100 km in April holy week. Flights from Dublin to Santiago very expensive, does anyone know another way to get to sarria to start camino
get ryanair to porto ...and bus or train but sevice is bad !
get the flight to porto with ryxxx from dublin and then bus ,there is a train but is very unreliable ! nice city anyway and better than bcn madrid lisbon to spend the nite on a budget ! slan !

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Michaela. You probably checked eDreams. My guess is that your dates are hiking up the price. Taking ‘cheaper’ flights can involve time and other costs for bus or train, so unless you can be flexible with your dates you might be stuck to the prices you have already found. Hope you strike lucky! Buen camino.

Hi Michaela, as an alternative have you considered the last 100km of the Portugues, starting at Tui on the north bank of the Minho. Fly in to Porto and take the train or bus to Tui. Not nearly as crowded as Sarria and the final stretch of CF. Buen Camino.

How about flying Dublin to Barcelona with Ryanair and then get the overnight train from Barcelona departing at 20:20 to Sarria arriving in Sarria at 09:01am.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Michaela, as an alternative have you considered the last 100km of the Portugues, starting at Tui on the north bank of the Minho. Fly in to Porto and take the train or bus to Tui. Not nearly as crowded as Sarria and the final stretch of CF. Buen Camino.

If your going to do the last 100k, give yourself the fun of crossing the border on foot!! in '08 we took the train to Valenca and after spending the day wandering that lovely city, walked across the bridge into Spain. Just a silly little thing that made us all smile at the time!

Dublin to Bilbao then bus the rest of he way. Probably work out just as expensive as will flying to Madrid, roughly €70 for flights give or take 20 depending on day. Assuming you are flying Easter Tuesday since its the only flight in to Santiago and its 195. Cheaper on the Thursday. Given the time you will lose flying in anywhere else go with the 195 otherwise, wait until later in the week

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back