• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Floods in Portugal - Impacts in the Lisbon to SdC Route

Diogo92

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
C. Português 2013, 2014
C. de Fátima 2014
C. do Salnés 2015
Hi there everybody

I’m getting many messages and emails about the floods here in Portugal.

For what we know in here, the situation it’s now stabilizing, but there are still some roads closed. Weather previsions say that it will start to rain next few days, and dams are in its full capability, so a new set of floods could happen.

Please, be aware of the following information. Roads closed:
- Golegã: Municipal Road EM1 (from Ponte da Broa to Ponte dos Lázaros), Municipal Road EM30 (that conects to the National Road EN365 to the Ponte do Cação).
- Santarém: Nation Road EN365 (that connects Vale Figueira to Pombalinho, and it’s cut off in the zone of Chões) and the Municipal Road EM1345, between the Ribeira de Santarém and Vale Figueira.
- Azambuja: National Road 3-1 Quinta do Alqueidão. The Aldeia do Lezirão village it’s isolates due to the upper tide of the River.
- Cartaxo: National Road EN114-2, between the Ponte do Reguengo and Setil. National Road EN3-2 between Ponte do Reguengo and Valada.

Pay also attention that, you could not encounter roads closed or flooded areas, but the mud could be a problem for you. This will be very problematic after the Azambuja Region, but also near the Mondego River (Coimbra).

I will try to update this tread as much as I can.

Best Regards
Diogo

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Update – 08/04/2013
Weather forecast for the next 10 Days say’s that it will only rain tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. Weather conditions to improve starting on Friday. Less Clouds, more Sun, highest temperatures rising and lower temperatures lowering.

This means that you could find some “hot” moments during the day, but that you must be careful at night when the temperatures drop. Temperatures tend to low 5 degrees in one hour, usually between 5PM and 6PM.

You can always check this predictions in ipma.pt

Best Regards
Diogo Martins

Last edited:
Update - 15/04/2013

There are no Warnings for floods in the next weeks. Weather forecast for the next 10 days talk about sunshiny days. The only Warning that we are having right now it’s the levels of Ultraviolet Rays.

Be aware to carry a hat and sun cream protector.

Best regards
Diogo

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back