• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Floods on the Camino del Norte

TerryB

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Norte/Primitivo (April/May) 2009: Norte/Primitivo (parts) (April/May) 2010: Inglés (May) 2011: Primitivo (April/May) 2012: Norte / Camino de La Reina (April/May) 2013: Camino del Mar / Inglés (May/June) 2015
I thought that this was important enough to put up here and under the camino del Norte as well.

Things may improve later this week on the north coast, but our thoughts are with anyone walking at the present time along with those who live there! If you are on the Norte I would suggest that you check with the Hospitalero / locals on the situation ahead each day before setting out. Some of the FEVE services are also cancelled.

The links are here -
http://www.rtve.es/noticias/20100616/ce ... 5860.shtml
http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/fotos/2010 ... 2576.shtml

Desbordamiento de varios ríos
El presidente de la Confederación Hidrográfica del Cantábrico, Jorgue Marquínez, ha dicho que las previsiones meteorológicas anuncian una situación "halagüeña" para Asturias, donde cesarán prácticamente las lluvias, que desde la jornada del martes han provocado el desbordamiento en tramos de los ríos Nalón, Piloña, Sella y Deva.

Blessings on your walking (and resting!)
Terry

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The news pages on the floods are updated frequently, and daily it seems at about 15.30

The latest news is that the FEVE is cut, and will be for some weeks, due to the collapse of the bridge at Soto de Dueñas. This is on the line between Ribadesella and Oviedo.

The N634 and 632 have been cut in Asturias near Navia but this may not have affected the Camino itself. However there is a great deal of flood water in the whole area.
There is also bad flooding in Villaviciosa and much of the surrounding area.
The news is all in Spanish, OK if you can read it - or you can watch the video clips.
http://www.rtve.es/noticias/2010061...damiento-rios-asturias-cantabria/335860.shtml

The folk who live there certainly need our prayers, as well as any pilgrims trying to walk the Norte

Reading the Spanish news site things are now improving. The army has been helping local workers. As a result the FEVE has been able to re-open and work continues on the roads.
No doubt the locals, especially the hospitaleros, will be able to offer up to date advice where needed.
Tio Tel and Tia Valeria

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back