• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flying from Frankfurt Germany

Susan B Johnson

PuraVida
Time of past OR future Camino
June (2016)
Next summer my family and I want to do the Camino Ingles. We would like to fly from Frankfurt to A Coruna. Does anyone know of an airline that has direct flights from Frankfurt to northern Spain?

Thanks!

Susan

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Next summer my family and I want to do the Camino Ingles. We would like to fly from Frankfurt to A Coruna. Does anyone know of an airline that has direct flights from Frankfurt to northern Spain?

Thanks!

Susan
Hi, Susan,

For this years August I can find only Vueling & Iberia with stop in Barcelona and AirEuropa with stop in Madrid all departing from Frankfurt am Main airport which is main airport.

There's also possibility of short train ride to Frankfurt Hahn airport from where most of the low cost companies fly. For example Ryanair non-stop to Santiago (one third of the price of those mentioned above) where you can either take a train or bus to A Coruna.

Try: https://www.skyscanner.net/ or any other search engine.

The closest airport to A Coruña with direct flights to Frankfurt (FRA) is Porto airport (OPO), in the North of Portugal. Lufthansa makes the route. To go from Porto Airport to A Coruña, Alsa (www.alsa.es/en) has a daily direct bus (I'm assuming they'll have it next year too but check it close to your travel dates). Alternatively, you can take a bus from Porto Airport to Vigo with Autna (www.autna.com) and another one from Vigo to A Coruña with Monbus (www.monbus.es). This option gives you more daily frequencies. Or you can go to downtown Porto and take a train to Vigo and another one from Vigo to A Coruña. For train info take a look at the web of RENFE www.renfe.com (make a separate search for each route). If the leg from Porto to Vigo doesn't show up, look for it at www.cp.pt

If you don't bother to fly out of Frankfurt Hahn airport (HHN), Ryanair may have seasonal flights to Santiago de Compostela as they had this year but you would need to wait to see if they offer them next year too.

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back