• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flying from Paris to Biarritz

Wendy1111

Hi! I land at CDG at 9:30 am, and was thinking of napping at an airport hotel, and then flying to Biarritz on the 18:25 flight (not yet booked), and then taking a shuttle to SJPP with express bouricot. ( In truth, I was trying to figure out the trains, and they seemed a bit overwhelming, and I was also worried about whether my hiking poles would be allowed as carry on on easy jet).

Advice would be great - does this seem like a good plan overall? Am I missing anything?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm doing something similar except I'm resting up that day in Paris and then catching an early flight to Biarritz the next day.

I booked a train from there to SJPP before I knew about the other options, train cancellations, etc.

Because of your later arrival in Saint Jean I would suggest arranging accommodation before you leave but I'm sure the Pilgrim office can assist as well

The only value in flying from Paris to Biarritz is that it gets you to Bayonne faster than the train and in time to catch the last train to SJPdP. Have you looked at Air France from Orly to Biarritz?

Otherwise the train is not complicated:

If there is not a TGV train leaving soon from CDG ...

RER B train from CDG to Massy

RER station Massy is next to TGV station

TGV train from Massy to Bayonne

TER train from Bayonne to Cambo les Bains and transfer to TER bus to SJPdP.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My plan is to fly from CDG to Biarritz on EasyJet, spend a night in Biarritz and then take express bouricot to SJPDP.

BTW, the flight was about half the cost of the TGV train from CDG to Bayonne.

Joe,

Since Biarritz and Bayonne are hardly separate cities, you can take a local bus (2 Euros as of last year) from the airport to Bayonne. Save some connections.
Bill

Thanks Bill. I was thinking of staying in Biarritz because it seems a bit nice than Bayonne and Express Bouricot charges the same from Biarritz or Bayonne to SJPDP.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I book trains thru www.capitainetraine.com
I always leave from Paris Montparnasse Station.
Easy to get to on the metro.
Great train ride. 5+ hrs to Bayonne or Biarritz . No changes. Local bus, 1 euro, from Biarritz train station to downtown Biarritz.
Fares are available and cheapest from 90 days prior to travel.
Regds
Gerard

Last edited:
Thanks Bill. I was thinking of staying in Biarritz because it seems a bit nice than Bayonne and Express Bouricot charges the same from Biarritz or Bayonne to SJPDP.

Biarritz is certainly grander, with ocean views and the feel of a resort. Bayonne to my mind is less spiffy and more charming, with a fun student scene...and I guess I'm totally taken by the bridges and the riverside restaurants.
Bill

My plan is to fly from CDG to Biarritz on EasyJet, spend a night in Biarritz and then take express bouricot to SJPDP.

BTW, the flight was about half the cost of the TGV train from CDG to Bayonne.

Good to hear! I was a little caught off guard by the shuttle price (72 euro), but have nothing to compare it to!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back