Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Flying from UK Spring 2022

Book your train ticket here

Airfix

Past OR future Camino
French 2019
Portuguese 2021 Central
2022 Coastal
Just a quick observation after the recent issues in the UK getting through passport control. Arrived at Bristol airport today to fly out to Porto to start the Portuguese coastal Camino this weekend. We were told you can now check in ( with easyJet) three hours before your flight. Previously it was strictly 2 hours.
Took nearly an hour to clear through security to departures, so I advise arriving early and using the extra time to make sure you have a relatively stress free check in.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

sharonmonty

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese 2022
Just a quick observation after the recent issues in the UK getting through passport control. Arrived at Bristol airport today to fly out to Porto to start the Portuguese coastal Camino this weekend. We were told you can now check in ( with easyJet) three hours before your flight. Previously it was strictly 2 hours.
Took nearly an hour to clear through security to departures, so I advise arriving early and using the extra time to make sure you have a relatively stress free check in.
Very helpful. Thanks. I’m flying from Gatwick next Wednesday to Porto. I’ve paid £5 for the quick security. Never done that before but know people who have missed flights. Will still get there early.

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
X
I’m flying out from Manchester on Sunday. Advice there seems to be ‘check in yesterday’. I think that’s a specific Manchester issue, but UK airports seem to have struggled to get staffing levels up in advance of the holiday season.

sharonmonty

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese 2022
I’m flying out from Manchester on Sunday. Advice there seems to be ‘check in yesterday’. I think that’s a specific Manchester issue, but UK airports seem to have struggled to get staffing levels up in advance of the holiday season.
I’ve checked in online and don’t have a bag to drop only cabin baggage. It’s security that’s my issue! I agree there’s not enough staff from what I hear

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
X
I’ve checked in online and don’t have a bag to drop only cabin baggage. It’s security that’s my issue! I agree there’s not enough staff from what I hear
Yup, me too. Paid for checked baggage but have downsized to carry-on. Just taking as many links out of the chain as I can. FYI if you’ve checked in online and go straight to gate (with enough time to do the crossword in the security queue) the gate staff will check your vaccination certificate before boarding and the mask requirements on the flight align with the more severe of the two countries you’re flying between.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Airfix

Past OR future Camino
French 2019
Portuguese 2021 Central
2022 Coastal
Staffing seems to be the issue at Bristol, four out of 12? security points manned with a full hall of passengers trying to get through.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads