• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flying from Vancouver - better to fly Paris to Biarritz or take the train?

JustJack

Time of past OR future Camino
CF: May/June 2023
VDLP: April/May 2024
I'll of course be checking all the various options and associated prices, but looking to this group for any anecdotes regarding flying from Paris to Biarritz versus taking the train (to get to SJPDP)

My instinct is always to take a train over flying, and not having been to France since my backpacking days I'm sure I would enjoy the train ride. But perhaps there are considerations I haven't thought of?

What say you all? Do you have a preference? Is it purely personal preference or are there solid reasons for choosing one method of transport over the other?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The train from Paris, via Montparnasse is okay; but why not consider flying to Bordeaux or Bilbao. they are closer to SJPdP and less of a hassle.

JustJack, love the name, I’ve now flown into Paris from Montreal twice. Both times, I took the TGV to Bayonne and then the regional train on into SJPP. As a student living in France, I loved taking the train. It’s still just as much fun. As the high speed train will get you to Bayonne quickly and as there are several trains a day, I have found it a great option for getting south.

As it is a long trip from the western side of Canada, you might consider spending the night in Paris before traveling south. Getting to SJPP the same day you arrive in France is a very long trek. Stay in Paris, catch an early morning train from the Gare Montparnasse, and arrive in SJPP in the afternoon. You’ll then have plenty of time to check into the Pilgrim’s Office, see this charming Basque town, and get ready for your climb over the Pyrenees. I’ve pushed it all the way to SJPP in a single day, but my preference now is to go a bit slower. The Camino will be waiting for you regardless of when you arrive.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My first Camino I flew into Paris from the American Northwest. As soon I passed through passport security I walked to a bus station to ride a bus to Orly airport to fly to Biarritz then taxi to the train station in Bayonne to train to SJPdP. Whew!!! The travel Angels were with me as all legs lined up. It was a very long travel day. I left the U.S. at 11:00a on September 1st, arrived SJPdP on September 2nd at 8:00p. I walked over the Pyrenees to Roncesvillas the next day where on the trail I had to throw my backpack to the ground and take several cat naps. 😴 Jet lag combined with the Pyrenees is real. Long story short. Plan one night in Paris then take the train or fly to Biarritz. I’ve done both, it really is a personal preference. 😎👣 Buen Camino.

The train from Paris, via Montparnasse is okay; but why not consider flying to Bordeaux or Bilbao. they are closer to SJPdP and less of a hassle.
Good question, and I guess I should have taken the time to research this a bit more before posting. I read on another thread that someone from Canada was flying to Biarritz. But I'm looking for the simplest route, so yes Bordeaux or Bilbao could be options. Another poster above also mentioned Bayonne, and now that I look at a map I see Bayonne is the closest to SJPDP. So perhaps the easiest route is to fly to Paris and take the train to Bayonne. Or perhaps fly from Paris to Bayonne (if they have an airport there?).

I was surprised to find that getting to SJPDP is a lot more convoluted that anticipated...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Good question, and I guess I should have taken the time to research this a bit more before posting. I read on another thread that someone from Canada was flying to Biarritz. But I'm looking for the simplest route, so yes Bordeaux or Bilbao could be options. Another poster above also mentioned Bayonne, and now that I look at a map I see Bayonne is the closest to SJPDP. So perhaps the easiest route is to fly to Paris and take the train to Bayonne. Or perhaps fly from Paris to Bayonne (if they have an airport there?).

I was surprised to find that getting to SJPDP is a lot more convoluted that anticipated...
If you fly from Paris/Orly you would fly to Biarritz then take the bus(right outside the airport) or a taxi to the Bayonne train station. The train ride is very comfortable to SJPdP.

I've done both. If your inbound to CDG lines up with a flight to Biarritz out of CDG the same day, you can be in SJPP that night. Not my preference, since I LIKE to spend a couple of days in Paris, then take the train from Montparnasse. But flying works, and if you are tight on time or anxious to get started, by all means, fly south the same day. Its a long travel day, but totally doable. From Biarritz BIQ (that IS the Bayonne airport) you can catch a city bus to the Bayonne train station and then get on the Pilgrim train. You can also book Express Bouricott who run a shuttle service from BIQ to SJPP. I'll save @Vacajoe the trouble, and point out that you can also walk to SJPP in a couple of nice days.

As has been pointed out, you might find more convenient flights to Bordeaux or Bilbao. From the former, take the train to Bayonne, then to SJPP. Never done it from Bilbao, but that doesn't sound easier to me. Its really what you want to do. In a Big Hurry - Fly to BIQ. Want to get over jetlag and have a nice meal - Spend a day or two in Paris, then take the train.

Biarritz BIQ (that IS the Bayonne airport)
Well there you go, I learned something new today. That explains a lot of my confusion... I should have looked at a map... Thanks for clarifying this obvious piece of info!

It's not if you stay a night in Paris.

Simply stay a night in Paris to recover.
Get the 7.30am-ish TGV from Gare Montparnasse.
Enjoy the wonderful relaxing, one stop trip to Bayonne.
In Gare Bayonne you'll connect with the valley rattler that runs up the Rive River Valley to SJPDP.

I wouldn't do it any other way.
It's one of my favourite journeys.
Regards, good travelling and Buen Camino.
Gerard

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It's not if you stay a night in Paris.

Simply stay a night in Paris to recover.
Get the 7.30am-ish TGV from Gare Montparnasse.
Enjoy the wonderful relaxing, one stop trip to Bayonne.
In Gare Bayonne you'll connect with the valley rattler that runs up the River River Valley to SJPDP.

I wouldn't do it any other way.
It's one of my favourite journeys.
Regards, good travelling and Buen Camino.
Gerard
That does sound attractive. Are there later trains from Paris to Bayonne? I suspect I will be anxious to get to SJPDP and won't want to spend the night in Paris. Not sure what time I would arrive in Paris, but in case I happen to arrive later in the morning I'm wondering if I could still catch a train to Bayonne. I can rest on the train if I have jet lag - I wouldn't rest if I stayed in Paris, I would be out walking the streets for hours...

I can rest on the train if I have jet lag - I wouldn't rest if I stayed in Paris, I would be out walking the streets for hours...
You get over jetlag by walking in the daylight, not by sleeping on a train. Your flight will land in the early morning......you have to stay awake for the next six hours!

You get over jetlag by walking in the daylight, not by sleeping on a train. Your flight will land in the early morning......you have to stay awake for the next six hours!
Jet lag isn't really a concern and likely won't factor into my planning. I see now there are a number of flight options from Vancouver to Paris, arriving a various times. So I guess I need to find out how long the train ride is from Paris to Bayonne, and what the departure times are. Hopefully they line up.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Despite all evidence to the contrary, I'm not a travel newbie :). However I've been doing all my travel in Asia for many years, and haven't set foot in Europe in probably 20 years. It feels overwhelming compared to planning travel in asia, but I guess that's just because I'm unfamiliar. Bit by bit I'll get my european travel legs under me and figure this whole thing out...

That does sound attractive. Are there later trains from Paris to Bayonne? I suspect I will be anxious to get to SJPDP and won't want to spend the night in Paris. Not sure what time I would arrive in Paris, but in case I happen to arrive later in the morning I'm wondering if I could still catch a train to Bayonne. I can rest on the train if I have jet lag - I wouldn't rest if I stayed in Paris, I would be out walking the streets for hours...
If you go to the SNCF website, you’ll find their schedule of trains from Paris to Bayonne to SJPP. As I remember there are 3-4 trains a day to Bayonne. An early morning arrival would be best so as to get south. Overnighting in Bayonne might be another option if you can’t get into SJPP at a reasonable hour. I’m thinking that you’ll want to visit the Pilgrim’s Office before leaving SJPP. It’s just a bit more complicated getting it all to work in one day. To make sure you can get out of Paris as easily as possible, don’t check your backpack in Vancouver. Carry it into the cabin with you. It’ll speed up getting from CDG to Gare Montparnasse and avoid the problem of it not arriving with you in Paris.

My suggestion is to fly into Paris, then train to Biarritz, stay there a day or so to recover, then head to Bayonne and up the hills to Saint Jean Pied de Port. Unless you have particular things you need to do or see in Paris, Biarritz or Bayonne are far less expensive, and more conducive to recuperating from a flight from the west coast.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Another poster above also mentioned Bayonne, and now that I look at a map I see Bayonne is the closest to SJPDP. So perhaps the easiest route is to fly to Paris and take the train to Bayonne.
You can buy one ticket on the SNCF website for Paris to SJPdP, with a change in Bayonne.
I didn't even try to travel from the airport in Paris to St Jean on the same day. I spent a couple of days there touring the city and adjusting to the new time zone. I found that taking the train from Gare Montparnasse very easy.

I did all the figuring when I booked my Camino (2 weeks!). I decided to fly from Canada to Paris, then to Biarritz, then the Express Bourricot shuttle to SJPP. It was the quickest way with the fewest transfers. The training around sounded lovely, but I decided to keep the getting-around time short. Taking a full rest day at SJPP sounded more actually restful than taking a « rest » day in Paris. Ymmv.

I'll of course be checking all the various options and associated prices, but looking to this group for any anecdotes regarding flying from Paris to Biarritz versus taking the train (to get to SJPDP)

My instinct is always to take a train over flying, and not having been to France since my backpacking days I'm sure I would enjoy the train ride. But perhaps there are considerations I haven't thought of?

What say you all? Do you have a preference? Is it purely personal preference or are there solid reasons for choosing one method of transport over the other?
Hi JustJack, I've taken the train every time I've gone. The one time I booked a flight, AirCanada was delayed, and delayed, and I ended up missing that flight to Biarritz. I had to go by train that time, too. The whole flight from Vancouver was so stressful knowing that I barely had time to get to the correct terminal. And, in the end, I missed the flight. Air Canada offered no help, at all. Oh, wait, that's not exactly true. They offered me the equivalent of a ten dollar food voucher. The train is pleasant enough and fast.

Is flying or taking the train better for what? CO2, your finances, your time management? Flights to the Biarritz-Anglet-Bayonne airport leave apparently now from CDG and not so much from Orly as in earlier years. The duration of a flight is 1h 30m, the train takes 4h 30m and you have to get from CDG to Montparnasse. CO2 and environment and fossil fuel consumption considerations are a no brainer (it’s starting and landing that is the main issue not distance flown).

I’ve done both, btw. I would not take the plane again but I neither do I arrive in Paris after a long-distance flight.

In 2017, it was cheapest to fly NYC to London and then fly Ryan Air to Biarritz and the bus/train to SJPP. This requires transfer from one airport to another in London which takes time. I have a lot more time than money so it worked for me.

Flying from Calgary I take the direct flight to Paris and then Easyjet to BIQ, then Express Bourricot to SJPP. All in one day then opting to rest in SJPP. Of course Easyjet cannot be booked as part of a contiguous ticket so if you miss it tough luck.

My 2-3 day layover in SJPP allows for unforeseen problems. Missing 1 night of a SJPP booking is not that expensive. Staying in SJPP is terrific. There is some local hiking and it gives you an opportunity to make some Camino friends for the upcoming trail.

Edit- I've just remembered I took the train from Bayonne to SJPP once. That was fun. Lunch by the train station and a very scenic ride into SJPP. I recall there were many Caminonistas on the train.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
First time we got a four hour car ride to Calgary, barely made the plane to Bordeaux. At Bordeaux Airport we caught the bus to the train station, then got on the train to Bayonne where we connected with the one to SJPP. We only booked a room at Orrison and not in SJPP. We foolishly stood in line to get our passport before getting a room so didn't get to bed until 10pm. Also barely caught the last place open for food and only managed to get some meat and bread to eat. Restaurants in SJPP don't stay open very late.

Flying into Bordeaux is great but at a slower pace.

Recently flew into Paris CDG for the first time and it's a much larger airport to navigate. Flew with Air France to Madrid (to start in Burgos). Cost is 55 euros to check one bag, our hiking poles that were boxed. Luckily the lady was nice and let them go for free, but that wasn't without hassle because the guy receiving didn't know what to do.

And in Paris boxed items don't arrive on the baggage carousel so at first we thought our poles were a no show.

In 2010 , we flew from Winnipeg to Biarritz via Paris . The problem is we arrived at the Paris International airport Charles de Gaulle . To fly to Biarritz , we had to get to Paris Orly airport for the domestic flight . First , you have to pay for the airport shuttle , approx 40 Can $ /person, at the time . Plus , there was so much traffic , it took about 2 hours ! Arrived 15-20mins before departure . So, we made it on the flight because we cut to the front of the line to get to a ticket agent. But once in Biarritz , we found out that our backpacks were still at CDG . Had to wait for the next flight , 5 hours ! Then to the train to SJPdP.
Definitely would take the TGV ( or regular train) from Paris to Biarritz next time !
Buen Camino !

HI, I live in BC and have done the Frances twice. Both times I took KLM Vancouver to Amsterdam, and from there flew to Bayonne. Overnighted in Bayonne for two nights to get over the jet lag, then train ( or bus) up to SJDPP. Bayonne is an interesting little city, nice place to get acclimatized, lots of reasonable accommodation. Buen Camino!

That airpirt transfer dance is a huge hassle. I hit that 22 hours into a journey - and I swore never again. Easily avoided by taking the train.

This is fantastic news:
Flights to the Biarritz-Anglet-Bayonne airport leave apparently now from CDG and not so much from Orly as in earlier years.

But I would still take the train. CO².

Last edited:
In 2010 , we flew from Winnipeg to Biarritz via Paris . The problem is we arrived at the Paris International airport Charles de Gaulle . To fly to Biarritz , we had to get to Paris Orly airport for the domestic flight
Yes, I remember this. But now in 2022 there are as many or even more flights from CdG to Biarritz than from Orly, see here: https://biarritz.aeroport.fr/fr/destinations/paris/

AirFrance (Hop!) and easyJet fly from CdG and Transvia flies from Orly.

Last edited:
First time we got a four hour car ride to Calgary, barely made the plane to Bordeaux
I don't see any currently available direct flights from Calgary or Vancouver to Bordeaux, only direct flights from Montreal. Below is the destination map for Bordeaux. Biarritz-Anglet-Bayonne has even fewer international flights, they are mainly from and to other European airports.

Destination map Bordeaux.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A few days ago, I booked a flight with Air Canada from Calgary to Lyon in France, changing in Montreal (to walk the Podiensis). It is quick, in total time (about15 hours), and I was glad to be able to change in Canada, avoiding the complication of transiting in another country, as I had to last year. My return flight, from Madrid, is even quicker (about 14 hours) with a change in Toronto. It is also very cheap, a little over $1,000 CAN both ways, including all taxes and charges. I will have no checked baggage. Shortly thereafter, I heard on the radio that Air Canada is planning to have twice as many flights this year as last. I would check with them when flying anywhere out of Canada. If you want to take a train, great. But if you are interested in speed and price, check how fast and cheaply Air Canada could get you to Biarritz.

We are flying into Paris in May and have arranged a ride from the terminal to gate Montparnasse. We will take train to Bayonne amd onwards to SJPP, currently you have to take a bus from Cambo les Bain as tracks into SJPP are not quite repaired.

Air Transat flies into Bordeaux in summer months, starting up in May, but it departs out of Montreal and the connection time (for me) is crazy long.

I have taken the train and also traveled by jet from Paris to Biarritz and flying for me was much cheaper than the train, and way less time. I rested in SJPP for 2 nights after flying, and had a refreshed start to my Camino on the Napoleon Route. It’s worth checking out the prices of each option.

Nothing is closer to SJPdP than the train station of Bayonne, easy, quit often and cheap to reach from Montepernasse. Flying is of course best Biarritz, nearby Bayonne, a bus will bring you from the airport to the train station

I have been on the Frances 3 times. Leaving from Kelowna BC. Twice I've flown via CDG and once directly into Biarritz. The Air Canada flights land in T2, the same terminal the train leaves from. So, twice, I've walked 20 minutes through the terminal and got on the train to Bayonne and then to SJPdP. No need to go into Paris to Gare Montparnasse, just walk through the terminal. There is 1 train change. Last August the Air Canada flight from Montreal arrived 90 minutes ahead of the train departure..

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have been on the Frances 3 times. Leaving from Kelowna BC. Twice I've flown via CDG and once directly into Biarritz. The Air Canada flights land in T2, the same terminal the train leaves from. So, twice, I've walked 20 minutes through the terminal and got on the train to Bayonne and then to SJPdP. No need to go into Paris to Gare Montparnasse, just walk through the terminal. There is 1 train change. Last August the Air Canada flight from Montreal arrived 90 minutes ahead of the train departure..
If I can catch the train from Paris to Bayonne at CDG with only a 90 minute layover that's fantastic news! On this, my first camino, I'm just not interested in the distraction of Paris. I want to go directly to SJPDP, and rest and recover there. Thanks for the info.

JustJack, I’m flying out of Toronto, overnight AF flight at 6.30pm to Paris ( CDG ) get there at 7.40 AM and then on to HOP airline to Biarritz (from CDG ,next morning) at 9.15 AM , have about 90 minutes to change flights, get to Biarritz at 10.40 am , then cab/van ride share to SJPP from Biarritz airport At 2 pm, ( all local times) Another option you have.
BUEN CAMINO!

Last edited:
Well there you go, I learned something new today. That explains a lot of my confusion... I should have looked at a map... Thanks for clarifying this obvious piece of info!
I will leave YVR on AIR FRANCE 03.APR at 13:30 arrive Paris CDG 08:10. Leave CDG for BIQ on Easyjet at 11:10 arrive 12:40. Train to SJpDP. Works well.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I will leave YVR on AIR FRANCE 03.APR at 13:30 arrive Paris CDG 08:10. Leave CDG for BIQ on Easyjet at 11:10 arrive 12:40. Train to SJpDP. Works well.
Thanks for sharing your flight details from YVR. Very helpful. Those are convenient times you've booked.

I flew Vancouver to Paris. Took the train from Charles Deg airport to Bordeaux. Stayed overnight in Bordeaux, at hotel across street from train station. Took train from Bordeaux to SJPDP. The train was so easy. You would have to get to the other airport in Paris to fly to Biarritz then train from Biarritz to SJPD. You’d also have to get from airport in Biarritz to train station. Train ride from Paris to Bordeaux was very relaxing. No running around getting more transportation planned.
Millie

You would have to get to the other airport in Paris to fly to Biarritz then train from Biarritz to SJPD. You’d also have to get from airport in Biarritz to train station.

You can fly from Charles de Gaulle airport to Biarritz. If you make a reservation with Express Bouricott you can catch the shuttle, right near the airport entrance for a quick and beautiful drive to St Jean Pied de Port. The shuttle ride is usually fully booked so the cost per passenger is 19 Euro.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You would have to get to the other airport in Paris to fly to Biarritz
I mentioned it before in this thread but you may not have seen it: It is no longer true that you must get from CdG to Orly to fly to Biarritz. I checked today's arrival board right now: there are three flights arriving from CdG in Biarritz and two flights from Orly.

AirFrance flies from CdG to Biarritz, Transavia from Orly.

I have found my most time and money efficient travel to SJPP from the east coast of USA was to fly to Dublin , spend the night near the airport and fly Ryanair to Biraatz . Then an airport shuttle to Bayonne train station and finally share a taxi to SJPP . I love France but have been let down by strikes and protests to depend on timetable

I flew Seattle > Vancouver > Paris & changed airports to fly to > Biarritz, and then did a van shuttle to SJPdP. I booked the van weeks ahead and the cost decreased as others booked the same shuttle after me. I started the Camino the next day. However I took a rest day in Pamplona, which was very enjoyable - and I got some rest for my body.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I mentioned it before in this thread but you may not have seen it: It is no longer true that you must get from CdG to Orly to fly to Biarritz. I checked today's arrival board right now: there are three flights arriving from CdG in Biarritz and two flights from Orly.

AirFrance flies from CdG to Biarritz, Transavia from Orly.
I`m flying Air France Toronto > CDG > HOP ( air( airline) from CDG>Biarritz next morning . Cheers !

Despite all evidence to the contrary, I'm not a travel newbie :). However I've been doing all my travel in Asia for many years, and haven't set foot in Europe in probably 20 years. It feels overwhelming compared to planning travel in asia, but I guess that's just because I'm unfamiliar. Bit by bit I'll get my european travel legs under me and figure this whole thing out...
Im in a similar position. Living in Asia and just winging things. Not used to having to plan and book in advance. I also want to catch the train (same day as I arrive in Paris). Just working throught the logistics and making sure I leave enough room for hiccups...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you go to the SNCF website, you’ll find their schedule of trains from Paris to Bayonne to SJPP. As I remember there are 3-4 trains a day to Bayonne. An early morning arrival would be best so as to get south. Overnighting in Bayonne might be another option if you can’t get into SJPP at a reasonable hour. I’m thinking that you’ll want to visit the Pilgrim’s Office before leaving SJPP. It’s just a bit more complicated getting it all to work in one day. To make sure you can get out of Paris as easily as possible, don’t check your backpack in Vancouver. Carry it into the cabin with you. It’ll speed up getting from CDG to Gare Montparnasse and avoid the problem of it not arriving with you in Paris.
Hi, It sounds like you are familiar with this part of the trip 'CDG to Gare Montparnasse'.

What would you consider a reasonable time to get from the plane through immigration and baggage to the train departures?

And

How long does the train from CDG to Gare Montparnasse actually take? One website tells me a little over an hour, another website is suggesting up to 2.5hours. I'm not sure what is realistic?

My planes arrival time is 7.35 (but I'm allowing for it to be an hour late so 8.45am). I would prefer to take the 12.15 train from Gare Montparnasse to Bayonne but I can't tell if I'm leaving things too tight?

Would be really grateful for your thoughts.

On my journey in 2019, I took the train from Paris to Bayonne. I found it to be quite enjoyable, watching the countryside pass by and talking to fellow passengers. The only problem I found was that, at stops where you had to change trains, I found it confusing to know which track to use for the next segment. However, I would do the train again and I recommend it.

Lew

Hi, It sounds like you are familiar with this part of the trip 'CDG to Gare Montparnasse'.

What would you consider a reasonable time to get from the plane through immigration and baggage to the train departures?

And

How long does the train from CDG to Gare Montparnasse actually take? One website tells me a little over an hour, another website is suggesting up to 2.5hours. I'm not sure what is realistic?

My planes arrival time is 7.35 (but I'm allowing for it to be an hour late so 8.45am). I would prefer to take the 12.15 train from Gare Montparnasse to Bayonne but I can't tell if I'm leaving things too tight?

Would be really grateful for your thoughts.
Your time scale feels tight to me. I might try it, but I know how to catch the RER, and how Montparnasse is layed out.

When gets past lots of first timers is the fact that there are TWO TGV stations in Paris. Montparnasse is the main one, and where most of the trains come and go from. There is also a TGV station inside of CDG, where there are a number of trains per day. If you are arriving that early, there is a pretty good chance you will find a train down south that starts at CDG rather than Montparnasse. It won't be direct. If memory serves, there is a 12:30 train to Massey connecting to Dax, and then to Bayonne. There will be something to Bordeaux as well. Not sure you will catch the last train to SJPP from there, but you could certainly overnight in Bayonne and catch the morning train to SJPP. You'll have to play with it. A train at 12:30 from CDG is almost certain to work.....getting to Montparnasse for 12:30 is possible but dicey in my mind.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back