• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flying in Spain on Vueling Airline

Rod Murray

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 CF 2019 PC
Has anyone had experience using Vueling Airlines to travel to/from their Camino? If so, please add your positive/negative/neutral comments to the thread.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Has anyone had experience using Vueling Airlines to travel to/from their Camino? If so, please add your positive/negative/neutral comments to the thread.
I flew with them a few years ago from Heathrow to La Coruna. It was fine, but I think you do have to get in early for the best fares. The only problem seems to be unsubscribing from their email list, which I've tried to do numerous times without success!

I fly Vueling all the time, daughter company of Iberia. Unlike Tyrrek I find that even closer to departure time you still can find good fares.
Much better service than Ryanair too!

Handy app also for smartphone.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Flown UK-Spain with Vueling a couple of times. Found them very good for a no-frills airline. Would be very happy to use them again. A real plus for me was that they fly to Heathrow and not Stansted - an armpit of a place.

I've flown Vueling to/from Belfast and from Barcelona to La Coruna. IMO it's one of the better budget airlines.

They were pretty laid back about cabin luggage size - I was able to take my slightly oversized backpack and a small handbag on board.

Cheap as chips if you book early but the charge extra for anything they can.
You may land a bit late to do any more traveling that day?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I fly Vueling all the time, daughter company of Iberia. Unlike Tyrrek I find that even closer to departure time you still can find good fares.
Much better service than Ryanair too!

Handy app also for smartphone.
Yes, when I used them it was short notice so all the airlines were charging 'full fare'. Vueling became a good option especially as it was from Heathrow at a reasonable time of day (no hotel needed).

We flew from Santiago to Barcelona last June after our Camino and had no problems at all. We would definitely use them again. Dayton and Karen

From my several experiences flying with Vueling, they appear to be a well-run airline, with reasonable prices and policies, clean equipment, and pleasant employees. You could certainly do a lot worse.

As others have said, you do need to get in early to score the best prices.

I hope this helps.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've been very happy with my Vueling flights.

My Danish Camino-friend and I had an interesting adventure with Vueling in July 2013 when our early morning flight from Pamplona to Copenhagen via Barcelona was cancelled. We were notified by cell phone on the evening before the flight that it cancelled and that we were automatically re-booked for eight days later (!). We decided to pretend we never got the automated message because neither of us had enough Spanish language skills to negotiate over the phone and so we appeared for our flight 'on time' the next morning. The Vueling ticket agent was wonderful to us! We were driven back to Pamplona in a black Mercedes, spent the night in a 4star hotel, and our handsome chauffeur brought us back to the airport the next morning. We eventually departed for Copenhagen via Barcelona but because of a mechanical problem and a late departure, we didn't arrive in Barcelona in time for our connecting flight to Copenhagen, so we spent another night in a 4star hotel in Barcelona, all meals included both days. We still laugh about the strange luxury ending to our spartan Arles/Aragones Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Do you know if they fly from Madrid to Malaga and if so where can you check their flight schedules
Buen Camino and thanks

Flew Vueling from Barcelona to Santiago a couple of years ago and Bilboa to Paris another time. They are a friendly and efficient airline. They are not as rapacious as Ryanair, on which I have also flown. We carried on our bags, which weighed close to 20k (they did fit the size requirements). In fact, on the Paris flight one of the bags was a kilo or 2 overweight and the agent just warned us but let us carry the bag on anyhow.

Do you know if they fly from Madrid to Malaga and if so where can you check their flight schedules
Buen Camino and thanks
http://www.vueling.com/en
It looks like Madrid to Malaga would need to connect through Barcelona.

I've flown them 3 times now from London to A Coruna (and will again in May) on Vueling. Very efficient and comfortable. Just no frills; if you want any refreshments on board there's a nice selection on the menu in the seatback pocket and you pay.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
http://www.vueling.com/en
It looks like Madrid to Malaga would need to connect through Barcelona.

I've flown them 3 times now from London to A Coruna (and will again in May) on Vueling. Very efficient and comfortable. Just no frills; if you want any refreshments on board there's a nice selection on the menu in the seatback pocket and you pay.
Many thanks for this - it would be too long to go via so I think I am just going to train it after all - hopefully I will still be able to catch the fast train as my flight arrives 13-30 so will go straight to the booking office and see what I can get. Maybe I will see if I can get a flight back to Madrid and then fly from A Coruna - buen camino

Vueling are a low-cost carrier and are 100% part of IAG - the company that owns British Airways and Iberia. They are generally reliable in terms of punctuality, and have a good network within Spain as well as from certain Spanish airports to other European cities.

Hi Rod, when I fly to / from Spain I always use Vueling Airlines. Never had any problems.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I flew with Vueling many times, always no problems, for me it is very decent low cost airline. Nice crew, new airplanes, everything fine. I also saved last time with Vueling promo code from this page:
http://www.rushflights.com/vueling-e10-off-discount-coupon-voucher-2015/
Thanks for the link!
There are coupons for only 9 countries and I'm not from any of them. Do you know if I can use any code or will the system recognize my citizenship and banned me from using the code? I can't find any info on that on the webpage.
Thanks!

Thanks for the link!
There are coupons for only 9 countries and I'm not from any of them. Do you know if I can use any code or will the system recognize my citizenship and banned me from using the code? I can't find any info on that on the webpage.
Thanks!

It says on the website "Choose your discount code according to the country of departure:" ;-) So you could use them at least for the flight back from Spain. Buen Camino, SY

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It says on the website "Choose your discount code according to the country of departure:" ;-) So you could use them at least for the flight back from Spain. Buen Camino, SY
Now I can see it but before obviously I was reading way too fast. Thanks!
I will bookmark this just in case that Vueling minus 30€/20€ would be cheaper than anything else in the future. Well, after all 30€ is a day or two more on the Camino ;)

We flew Vueling from Santiago back to Paris. The price was excellent. The leg room for the seats was very narrow. It was fine for me, but my husband who is taller had a lot of difficulty. This is not usually a problem for him with other airlines. I would fly the same airline again, but perhaps pay extra for legroom for my husband if it were available.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back