• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Flying into France from the USA

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
Hi all,

Just wanted to share an up-to-the-moment experience with flying from the USA into France. I'm currently in the Lyon Part-Dieu train station, having flown into Paris/CDG and then on to Lyon.

I'm vaccinated, so with the USA being on the "green list" for France, the flight here was nearly as easy as ever. As promised, no additional testing was required. I presented my CDC card--first at initial check-in and again at the gate when departing the USA--and that was fine. While a signed oath, swearing that I'm in good health and haven't been exposed recently, is required, nobody ever asked me for this. Instead, we had to complete a form on the flight into France that supports contact tracing, providing contact info and our first overnight accommodation in the country. Once in France, nobody looked at my vaccine card; it was just a quick skim of the passport, a stamp, and I was on my way. I made a 70-minute connection in CDG with 45 minutes to spare.

And wow, the streets in Lyon are jampacked with mostly maskless people, enjoying a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Dave

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Good information, Dave. Thanks for the heads up, I hope it remains that simple. My friends in Biarritz are sounding the alarm, possibly a bit early, that the Delta variant is going to force new lock downs by September. I hope not. I have finally reserved a return flight - Miami to Bilbao in February/March 2022 using my vouchers.

Great up to the minute information. Thank you !
I have been following online the John's Hopkins Covid dashboard everyday for about a month and have seen a noticable daily downward trend for both deaths and new case numbers springing up in France.
For anyone looking to follow the current "numbers" in each country in the world, this is a great site to follow. This site provides daily number updates. (Just Google Johns Hopkins Covid Dashboard).

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi all,

Just wanted to share an up-to-the-moment experience with flying from the USA into France. I'm currently in the Lyon Part-Dieu train station, having flown into Paris/CDG and then on to Lyon.

I'm vaccinated, so with the USA being on the "green list" for France, the flight here was nearly as easy as ever. As promised, no additional testing was required. I presented my CDC card--first at initial check-in and again at the gate when departing the USA--and that was fine. While a signed oath, swearing that I'm in good health and haven't been exposed recently, is required, nobody ever asked me for this. Instead, we had to complete a form on the flight into France that supports contact tracing, providing contact info and our first overnight accommodation in the country. Once in France, nobody looked at my vaccine card; it was just a quick skim of the passport, a stamp, and I was on my way. I made a 70-minute connection in CDG with 45 minutes to spare.

And wow, the streets in Lyon are jampacked with mostly maskless people, enjoying a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Dave
Thanks Dave as I have a September 20 flight from USA to land at 8:15AM at CDG then an 11:05AM connection on EasyJet to Biarritz. I too am keeping an eye on what is going on in France and Spain and being optimistic that all will go well, especially making the 11:05AM flight. If not, then train is my back up. Your detailed information is invaluable as I was unaware of some of the steps you went through. Enjoy your trip!

Does anyone have experience with the Covid requirements for returning to the US from the Schengen Area?

Don: per CDC website as of today (6/28)
  • “All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.”

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you for the info. Planning to walk from Le Puy to SDC beginning September 1. Since it will be my first walk starting in Le Puy, any, and I mean any info, advice, no matter how small, etc., will be greatly appreciated. If I don't see anything here, I will look on your blog.

Bon Chemin

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back