• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Flying into Spain, Crossing into France to start at sjpp - covid restrictions at borders?

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curly Cath

Time of past OR future Camino
Pamplona to Santiago 2013 hiked
Planning on cycling the Portuguese route in winter
Hi
I am flying to Bilbao march 31st (from the uk) and aim to take buses and trains into france to start at sjpp
I am double vaxxed and boostered (well within 270 day limit)
My question is have any other 3rd country persons crossed this border recently? I will get my QR code for spain and download my nhs covid pass - just wondered if there is anything else to consider when crossing that land border as we are no longer EU nationals (*sobs and shakes fist at the worst government of my lifetime*). I would be grateful for advice on crossing into France then recrossing into spain

(It will be April when I start walking but if napoleon is shut still I will walk the valcarlos route. I really would like to start from sjpp)

Thanks , and buen camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

It should all be there.
Keep checking though because I think mid-March, regulations in France are changing (ie made easier) IF Covid statistics remain the same of course….
France (and Spain) regognise the NHS covid pass 😉

Hi
I am flying to Bilbao march 31st (from the uk) and aim to take buses and trains into france to start at sjpp
I am double vaxxed and boostered (well within 270 day limit)
My question is have any other 3rd country persons crossed this border recently? I will get my QR code for spain and download my nhs covid pass - just wondered if there is anything else to consider when crossing that land border as we are no longer EU nationals (*sobs and shakes fist at the worst government of my lifetime*). I would be grateful for advice on crossing into France then recrossing into spain

(It will be April when I start walking but if napoleon is shut still I will walk the valcarlos route. I really would like to start from sjpp)

Thanks , and buen camino
I forgot to add, when you cross the Pyrénées from France into Spain, there is no border… Just a cattle grid if you walk the col Lopeder. 🙂

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, Curly Cath:
I have had same questions as you have. Flying into Madrid from USA on April 3rd (QR code before USA departure for Spain entry) and a train to Pamplona/Iruna station. Stay one night in Pamplona and take a bus to SJPP next day. Some people from this forum says no border checking into France on the bus route.
If that is the case "do we need to show a French certificate of the vaccination to get in the Albergue and any restaurants/gift shops in SJPP?
I did the Camino Frances on first week of April, 2017 and almost all of the pilgrims starting SJPP took the Napoleon route because of such a beautiful weather. I had only one peregrino from Czech with me on Valcarose route. Hope this one will help others to decide which route they take. Obviously the weather could be unpredictable.

Hi, Curly Cath:
I have had same questions as you have. Flying into Madrid from USA on April 3rd (QR code before USA departure for Spain entry) and a train to Pamplona/Iruna station. Stay one night in Pamplona and take a bus to SJPP next day. Some people from this forum says no border checking into France on the bus route.
If that is the case "do we need to show a French certificate of the vaccination to get in the Albergue and any restaurants/gift shops in SJPP?
I did the Camino Frances on first week of April, 2017 and almost all of the pilgrims starting SJPP took the Napoleon route because of such a beautiful weather. I had only one peregrino from Czech with me on Valcarose route. Hope this one will help others to decide which route they take. Obviously the weather could be unpredictable.
Last August/September you definitely had to show proof of vaccination to enter any restaurant and at the albergue. Not for shops, but definitely had to wear a mask. Only one restaurant didn't accept our US handwritten one - they do look a little sketchy :). No border checkpoints either way between Spain and France.

Hi, Curly Cath:
Hi Don Kim,

My partner and I are planning on starting the Camino on April 1st - flying into Paris and then making our way to SJPP. I've been looking into the QR code and have only found info about getting it once we get to Paris. You found a way to get it while still in the US? Would you be willing to share that with me, it seems like it would make things a lot easier to get it before leaving. Thanks. Julie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks for the (on topic!) replies that's really helpful. I think my health control form, QR code and NHS covid pass should be grand then.

I am RIDICULOUSLY excited

Last August/September you definitely had to show proof of vaccination to enter any restaurant and at the albergue. Not for shops, but definitely had to wear a mask. Only one restaurant didn't accept our US handwritten one - they do look a little sketchy :). No border checkpoints either way between Spain and France.
'No border checkpoints btw Spain and France'
I have literally forgotten how the world works post lockdown

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back