• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Flying into Spain from USA--Covid test required?

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

mblind

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2019
Hi. I am a bit confused about what is required right now (August 2021) for entry to Spain. I'm planning to fly to Madrid in early October. I know that I will need a QR code. But will I need to take a Covid test prior to departing USA? Anyone flown from USA to Spain recently who can tell me about the arrival procedures?
Thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi. I am a bit confused about what is required right now (August 2021) for entry to Spain. I'm planning to fly to Madrid in early October. I know that I will need a QR code. But will I need to take a Covid test prior to departing USA? Anyone flown from USA to Spain recently who can tell me about the arrival procedures?
Thanks!
Hi,
I flew to Madrid from the states at the end of June, 2021. The QR code was necessary and i think Delta airlines required proof of my vaccination not Spain. I was surprised and prepared so I had a copy of it with me. Mask was encouraged/required everywhere in Spain. As for the Covid test it was only required on my return to the states. It was a mess getting a test at the Madrid airport (almost 4 hour wait), but i thought now the test was available at some pharmacies. Of course all of this is subject to change.

Our CF hiking plan has my wife and I arriving in Santiago on Thus, Oct 21. We will spend 2 nights in Santiago, then fly to Madrid Saturday, 10/23. Fly to Indpls Sunday, 10/24. Entry requirements to the US may change by then. In Santiago we will check with The Pilgrim House to learn the latest requirements. If a negative COVID test is needed, we may be able to get tested during our stay in Santiago. If not, we can get tested at the Madrid airport after our arrival from Santiago. Bob

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Our CF hiking plan has my wife and I arriving in Santiago on Thus, Oct 21. We will spend 2 nights in Santiago, then fly to Madrid Saturday, 10/23. Fly to Indpls Sunday, 10/24. Entry requirements to the US may change by then. In Santiago we will check with The Pilgrim House to learn the latest requirements. If a negative COVID test is needed, we may be able to get tested during our stay in Santiago. If not, we can get tested at the Madrid airport after our arrival from Santiago. Bob
Bob - are you booking albuergue's and how have you found availability? My apologies if you answered this in another thread... excited for your Camino!

Amy, yes, we booked reservations for every night of our camino for this fall. We initially planned to hike in 2020, but had to cancel all reservations last July. I immediately started booking reservations for our Sept-Oct 2021 camino. Around 60% of the places were reserved via Booking.com and these places were already accepting reservations for this year. For these places we cancelled for 2020, then reserved for 2021. Most of the rest we booked directly from prior contact information we had, or contact info on Gronze.com. A few places required multiple emails. We locked in the last few places in Sept-Oct, 2020. For the reservations we made directly via email, I sent followup messages in May 2021 to make sure our reservations were still valid. Since then we've only experienced a few glitches, with notice from Booking.com that private albergues were no longer accepting our reservation. So we rebooked at another place. Fingers crossed, we're set to go! Bob

Amy, yes, we booked reservations for every night of our camino for this fall. We initially planned to hike in 2020, but had to cancel all reservations last July. I immediately started booking reservations for our Sept-Oct 2021 camino. Around 60% of the places were reserved via Booking.com and these places were already accepting reservations for this year. For these places we cancelled for 2020, then reserved for 2021. Most of the rest we booked directly from prior contact information we had, or contact info on Gronze.com. A few places required multiple emails. We locked in the last few places in Sept-Oct, 2020. For the reservations we made directly via email, I sent followup messages in May 2021 to make sure our reservations were still valid. Since then we've only experienced a few glitches, with notice from Booking.com that private albergues were no longer accepting our reservation. So we rebooked at another place. Fingers crossed, we're set to go! Bob
Bob - thank you for the speedy response and helpful info. I think for this Fall I will do the Ingles and then out to Finisterre in October. I only have a few weeks so this seems like a sound way to go. And based on your info will start planning and booking for a Spring CF. Great info - thank you so much!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You can use the Spanish Government's Travel Safe Spain website to determine requirements to enter from any country. While neither a vaccine certificate nor negative test is currently required, things can change, so you should check again closer to your travel dates.

If using Madrid airport book ahead as it seems to fill up about a week ahead.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have found so many times when trying to book on Booking.com, and there were no availabilities, I contacted the hotel directly and they had availability. I was informed that they always keep a few units back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.