• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Flying Santiago-Madrid COVID

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD

Kalimera

CF Oct/Nov 2021 CF May 2022
Time of past OR future Camino
CF Oct/Nov 2021
CF May 2022
I am in Santiago and flying to Madrid, with Ryanair on Saturday. Does anyone know if a COVID test is required? Can’t seem to find info on in country air travel. I continue from Madrid to Greece and have the necessary travel docs for that portion.
Thanks in advance.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am in Santiago and flying to Madrid, with Ryanair on Saturday. Does anyone know if a COVID test is required? Can’t seem to find info on in country air travel. I continue from Madrid to Greece and have the necessary travel docs for that portion.
Thanks in advance.

Check with the requirements for your entry into Greece. If you have the digital EU pass I think some matters are obviated for travel inside the EU countries, but if you do not have that, Greece might request something else. So check the non-EU citizen requirements and the transiting from Spain requirements. You don't mention if Greece is a final destination or a transit point on your way to somewhere else, so I'm leaning to the most expansive set of information you might want. I see that you have the travel documents, but does Greece require anything else before you disembark there?

Thanks in advance.
I’ve just flown SdeC to Madrid on Sunday. There was no request for a pre-flight test, just proof of COVID vaccination

I’ve just flown SdeC to Madrid on Sunday. There was no request for a pre-flight test, just proof of COVID vaccination
To avoid confusion: Was this a flight that ended in Madrid or a flight where you changed planes in Madrid to fly to another country, for example the UK but not the USA? Different rules apply, at boarding in Santiago, in all three of these cases (Spain only, Santiago via Madrid to the UK, Santiago via Madrid to the USA).

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I flew from SdeC to Madrid on Ryanair last Tuesday. It was a one-way ticket unrelated to my travel itinerary for my return to the US. Ryanair sent me several scary emails to make sure I complied with COVID Requirements for my destination, but it was generic - not specific to my domestic flight within Spain.

No COVID test or Passenger Locator form was required/verified, but I don't remember if they checked my US CDC COVID vaccination card. Masking was required in the airport and on the plane.

I flew with Ryan air 2 weeks ago from Santiago to Madrid. I had no restrictions and no requirements to board the flight. I had a covid test scheduled once I arrived in Madrid Airport for my flight back to the US.
Thank you!!

For an in-country flight (Spain to Spain), you do not need a test. That answer obviously changes if you are making connections to other countries or transiting elsewhere.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Check with the requirements for your entry into Greece. If you have the digital EU pass I think some matters are obviated for travel inside the EU countries, but if you do not have that, Greece might request something else. So check the non-EU citizen requirements and the transiting from Spain requirements. You don't mention if Greece is a final destination or a transit point on your way to somewhere else, so I'm leaning to the most expansive set of information you might want. I see that you have the travel documents, but does Greece require anything else before you disembark there?
Greece requires its own form. Thanks

I flew with Ryan air 2 weeks ago from Santiago to Madrid. I had no restrictions and no requirements to board the flight. I had a covid test scheduled once I arrived in Madrid Airport for my flight back to the US.
Thank you!

Thanks in advance.
I flew from Santiago to Madrid on 9/25/21 and no test was needed

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I flew from Santiago to Madrid on 9/25/21 and no test was needed
Just a heads up for others, because this is something that had not occurred to me, and it was only thanks to a post from @Marbe2 that I avoided a problem. And this info may only be relevant for US travelers.

If you are checking in in Santiago for your trip to the US, with a stop in Madrid and a transfer to the international flight, you will need to show proof of negative test before you get on the flight in Santiago. When you think about it, it makes sense — when you start your international journey, you have to have your covid ducks in a row. I had erroneously thought I could get a covid test at the Madrid airport en route.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.