• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fond Memories

gallego1

hi All

I did the camino ingles in the august of 2004 and like other postings I found it very quiet, not many people,
and reaching Santiago the feeling of accomplishment lasted quite a few months and some could say was quite spiritual

I also had good weather until last last day from a few kms past sigueiro to santiago was non stop rain.

I met a couple from belguim in a bus shelter and we walked those last few wet Kms together.

The only bad point I had and thought about giving up was between Betanzos and Bruma as this seemed to be the longest loneliest day.

The map booklet I used was produced by the local concello in Neda and it was full of sketch map routes and was very accurate

BUT that is in the past and after reading the posts here I am contemplating walking the route again.

What in the readers views is the youngest age a child could be able to walk the Camino Ingles?

Any comments appreciated

andrew

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Andrew - there are some postings from this year on the Camino Ingles. As far as taking a younger child I´d ask you to remember that although this route only takes a few days it does have some bite to it - remember those heart pumping climbs at the beginning of every day but one? And the 3k steep climb on the Bentanzos/Bruma etapa. But that apart it is a lovely route. You might consider the short option from A Coruna if you are happy to forego getting a Compostela.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back