Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Food and water between Lugo and Ferreira

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (July 2016), Primitivo (July 2018), Portuguese (March 2019)
We’re walking from Lugo to Ferreira tomorrow (Sunday) and as far as I can see, we’ll need to take food and water for the whole day. Is this correct? Are there any places to fill our water bottles? I’d appreciate some up-to-date information! Thank you

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I stopped at bars in Burgo do San Vicente, and in San Roman da Retorta. The latter was in the private albergue. I suggest not eating there. The salads are pre-prepared and quite dismal. The food and bar at the A Nave Albergue in Ferreira are both good.
Have a great day!
Jill

It depends on the day and time you will be there.
On this page you will find a good description ont the facilities on the way. In both albergues in Ferreira you can get sandwiches when you arrive. A Nave is famous for it's paella, albergue Ponte Ferreira has a good vegetarian (and vegan) meal.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Good bar in Burgo de San Vicente. It's maybe 50 meters off the Camino to the right. And, yes, there are food and drinks in the albergue in San Roman de Retorta.

Thank you all for your replies. We stopped at Burgo da San Vincent. There was also a small taberna further along serving just drinks. We’d brought some food and water with us and so we survived!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back