A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Food and water between Lugo and Ferreira

seashell

Camino(s) past & future
July 2016
We’re walking from Lugo to Ferreira tomorrow (Sunday) and as far as I can see, we’ll need to take food and water for the whole day. Is this correct? Are there any places to fill our water bottles? I’d appreciate some up-to-date information! Thank you

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, De Soulac, Norte, Madrid-Salv-Primitivo
I stopped at bars in Burgo do San Vicente, and in San Roman da Retorta. The latter was in the private albergue. I suggest not eating there. The salads are pre-prepared and quite dismal. The food and bar at the A Nave Albergue in Ferreira are both good.
Have a great day!
Jill

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
2010: Porto - SdC - Finisterra 2011: E4 on Crete 2012: Le Puy - SJPdP 2013: Camino Madrid -> Del Salvador -> Primitivo 2014: European Peace Walk. 2015: Amsterdam - SdC & Barcelona -Burgos. 2016:Norte & hospitalero
It depends on the day and time you will be there.
On this page you will find a good description ont the facilities on the way. In both albergues in Ferreira you can get sandwiches when you arrive. A Nave is famous for it's paella, albergue Ponte Ferreira has a good vegetarian (and vegan) meal.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2016)
Camino del Norte y Primitivo (2018)
Good bar in Burgo de San Vicente. It's maybe 50 meters off the Camino to the right. And, yes, there are food and drinks in the albergue in San Roman de Retorta.

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo June 2013
SJPP - Logroño June 2014
Ingles July2016
I think that food in O Candido in San Roman da Retorta is not that bad I have been there twice and I liked it.

Advertisment

seashell

Camino(s) past & future
July 2016
Thank you all for your replies. We stopped at Burgo da San Vincent. There was also a small taberna further along serving just drinks. We’d brought some food and water with us and so we survived!

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.7%