• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Foot care - searching for 2 items

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, May - July 2023
I currently am walking from Uterga to Villatuerta.

I would greatly appreciate any information as to any pharmacy along this segment that sells either of the following items: moleskin, and an excellent product that I originally discovered at a pharmacy in Pamplona sold under the product name “toe loops”.

Thank you,
Doug”

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In Puenta La Reina/Gares these 3 pharmacies might have what you need.

Farmacia Javier González
P.º Fray Vicente Bernedo, 24

Farmacia Izaskun Huarte
C. Cerco Nuevo, 38

Farmacia ORTOPEDIA Rehecho
C. Población, 21

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Trecile, regarding Omni fix and Hypafix — are they the equivalent of KT tape? My podiatrist at home insisted I use moleskin to eliminate friction between my two smallest toes. At the outset of the CF, I made the mistake of walking all the way from San Jean to Roncevalles carry roughly 17 lbs in just one day which exacerbated longstanding problems with a pinky toe. The pinky toe wants to crawl underneath the adjacent toe, so he instructed me to use moleskin to lessen friction and to also use (stretchy) Coban tape to bond my two smallest toes together. Unfortunately, I have not found any source for Coban in Spain as yet. Also, he stated that the purpose of KT tape is to prevent planters fasciitis. What particular issues are treated by using Omni fix and Hyperfix? Thank you again for your response. I have reached Puenta la Reina and I’m going to go visit the three pharmacies recommended by mspath. Hopefully you can provide some sort of response before I make purchase decisions at these 3 pharmacies. Thank you!

I feel as though I am spending more time looking for foot care products that actually walking the Camino, ha!

I eventually found several products that seem comparable to the ones I was looking for by visiting two of the three aforementioned pharmacies in Puenta La Reina. Thank you!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Trecile, regarding Omni fix and Hypafix — are they the equivalent of KT tape?
No, it's lighter weight but still somewhat stretchy. Also less expensive. You can also find KT tape in Spain.
The Omnifix comes on a wide roll with a paper backing and you can cut it to any size or shape that you need.

Omnifix (Spain) or Hypafix (North America) are stretchy tapes that you can use to prevent blisters. They stretch in all directions so you can get them to lay flat. If you have KT tape - you can also use it. They all stay put pretty well - but you can leave the KT tape on longer. Omnifix is probably easier for toes though. If you google Rebecca Rushton and blister prevention you will find a lot of excellent videos on how to use the tape. She is an Australian sport podiatrist.

You can find both kinds of tape in most farmacias for about 6 euros.

Omnifix (Spain) or Hypafix (North America) are stretchy tapes that you can use to prevent blisters. They stretch in all directions so you can get them to lay flat.
I believe that they only stretch in one direction, but the tape does confirm to your feet, and the stretchiness keeps it smooth.
Here's @Rebecca Rushton's site

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Omnifix (Spain) or Hypafix (North America) are stretchy tapes that you can use to prevent blisters. They stretch in all directions so you can get them to lay flat. If you have KT tape - you can also use it. They all stay put pretty well - but you can leave the KT tape on longer. Omnifix is probably easier for toes though. If you google Rebecca Rushton and blister prevention you will find a lot of excellent videos on how to use the tape. She is an Australian sport podiatrist.

You can find both kinds of tape in most farmacias for about 6 euros.
How do you use K tape to prevent blisters? Is there a video? It cured my plantar f years ago after trying EVERYTHING EXCEPT SURGERY. Thanks

I found this. Can't remember where. Lighter weight than "moleskin" but seems to work.

Good luck,
B'man

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530-165411_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230530-165411_Gallery.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 4
How do you use K tape to prevent blisters? Is there a video? It cured my plantar f years ago after trying EVERYTHING EXCEPT SURGERY. Thanks
You use it like any other tape - apply it to your blister prone areas to reduce the friction on your skin. For me it's a little expensive for this use and heavier to carry than Omnifix.

All kinds of tape can be used - people use everything from paper tape to duct tape.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You use it like any other tape - apply it to your blister prone areas to reduce the friction on your skin. For me it's a little expensive for this use and heavier to carry than Omnifix.

All kinds of tape can be used - people use everything from paper tape to duct tape.
I’ve found that paper tape works the best for me. Just put in layers and slip on socks. It will also stay in place on toes for days. I did always have to ask for papel tape to get it.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.