• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Footwear from O Cebreiro to Santiago

Helsbels1970

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese 2019
Hi
I walked the coastal Portuguese in trainers last year and was wondering if the same footwear would be appropriate for the last 150k from O Cebreiro? Walking July 2020
Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi
I walked the coastal Portuguese in trainers last year and was wondering if the same footwear would be appropriate for the last 150k from O Cebreiro? Walking July 2020
Buen Camino

Hi, and a Warm Welcome to the Forum :)

There is no reason to change your footwear if they worked for you on the C.P.

As an aside, if you wish to research virtually any topic for needed information, you can go to the Search Engine at the top of the Forum page. Enter the words or phrase that you want more information about. You will get a huge amount of information to explore.

We are here to offer whatever help you need. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, and a Warm Welcome to the Forum :)

There is no reason to change your footwear if they worked for you on the C.P.

As an aside, if you wish to research virtually any topic for needed information, you can go to the Search Engine at the top of the Forum page. Enter the words or phrase that you want more information about. You will get a huge amount of information to explore.

We are here to offer whatever help you need. :)
Thank you.
Wish I had seen this forum before the CP as lots of great threads 😃👣😃

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, Helsbels, welcome to the forum!

As said above, if the trainers work for you, keep them. The important thing is that they are comfortable and do not cause blisters.
I walked both CP (central) and CF with the same pair of trainers (yup, it was a very resistant pair!) and it was all good. :)

I haven't walked southern Galicia like you have but I'm assuming you'll find eastern Galicia to be similar walking. Like the others said - stick with what you know works for you!

Here's an unsolicited piece of information - if you are climbing as you leave O Cebreiro, you are on a piece of "Camino complementario". I accidentally took it in the wind, rain and fog last January because I could see very little and my glasses were wet and steamed up. It's actually the only time I've used my compass on the Camino. I was relieved to see I was going west still and after a couple of kilometers it met up with the regular Camino. I assume it took me past some lovely views that I couldn't see given the weather. 😄

Hi, Helsbels, welcome to the forum!

As said above, if the trainers work for you, keep them. The important thing is that they are comfortable and do not cause blisters.
I walked both CP (central) and CF with the same pair of trainers (yup, it was a very resistant pair!) and it was all good. :)
Still wearing them dog walking...I have 2 pairs....dare I say they are a pair of Sketchers! I did swap to sandals after a break around lunch which also worked well. I am glad I have checked as it was more for terrain than my feet...6 months to go!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I haven't walked southern Galicia like you have but I'm assuming you'll find eastern Galicia to be similar walking. Like the others said - stick with what you know works for you!

Here's an unsolicited piece of information - if you are climbing as you leave O Cebreiro, you are on a piece of "Camino complementario". I accidentally took it in the wind, rain and fog last January because I could see very little and my glasses were wet and steamed up. It's actually the only time I've used my compass on the Camino. I was relieved to see I was going west still and after a couple of kilometers it met up with the regular Camino. I assume it took me past some lovely views that I couldn't see given the weather. 😄
Thanks for advice...the more the merrier!

My wife wore Soloman trainers for our last two caminos. These were confortable and she did not experience blisters or heal / foot problems. Be sure to check the treads and seams on your shoes if you plan to use again. Her treads were wearing thin in a few places and starting to leak, so she retired the pair and bought another of the same brand for our camino this fall. Bob

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes, if they worked for you in Portugal, they will work in Spain from O Cebreiro. Check the treads to see if you need a new pair, and if you do, wear them a few times before you go, just to make sure. Sometimes a new shoe, exactly the same model and manufacture, can have a rough seam or finish. Worth fixing before leaving home.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

The main difference between southern Galicia and eastern Galicia is that southern Galicia is wine country and eastern Galicia is cattle country. That makes for cleaner paths in southern Galicia. :)

But I used the same shoes for both.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I’m starting my first Camino Frances early May, and I don’t know whether I need hiking poles or not? I’m 26 years old, relatively fit and don’t have any injuries (yet!) I used poles for...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.