• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

For summer, a sleeping bag for how many degree?

ElíasHHS

Time of past OR future Camino
I will start from St. Jean Pied de Port at around July 15, and have almost 40 days time.
I am going to buy a sleeping bag for July's trip. What kind of sleeping bag do I need? I wonder the temperature's variation at night.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Between June 22 and July 17, 2015 on the Camino Frances from Astorga to Muxia I did not use my sleeping bag at all. The disposable sheets were usually enough and I wore some clothes on the cooler nights.
I don't like sleeping (especially in a public space) without something covering me, so I use a silk sleep sack. Most albergueshhave blankets available (of varying quality). I also bring a very small and lightweight down blanket, which I have needed even in the summer months.

I agree with RJM.
I walked the CF in Sept Oct last year and never used my sleeping bag. I gave it away in Estella! Every albergue I stayed in offered blankets.
Buen Camino

I have the feeling the original post refers to sleeping outdoors.
The OP gives no indication to either indoors or outdoors.

Hey OP, you sleeping inside or outside on your Camino?

If sleeping inside, I’d bring the lightest sleeping bag you can. Something like that
I prefer a sleeping bag to a sleeping liner as I have been cold a few nights - even in Summer, usually around Rabanal or on the way to Finisterre. Depends on the year.

The OP gives no indication to either indoors or outdoors.

Hey OP, you sleeping inside or outside on your Camino?
If i remember he asked elsewhere what to me seemed to point slightly towards sleeping outdoors. But I might be mistaken. So let us wait for clarification :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I prefer a sleeping bag to a sleeping liner as I have been cold a few nights - even in Summer, usually around Rabanal or on the way to Finisterre. Depends on the year.
That's why I bring my little down blanket. 😊

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.