• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

For those who have traveled in the winter months from Pamplona to SJPP

lapamela

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2019 from SJPP
March 2022 from Porto
Hello,
I am so curious (after hours of forum reading) for some advice of those who have traveled in the winter from Pamplona to SJPP. When you arrive in Pamplona via train, and hope to travel to SJPP, is it common to see other pilgrims attempting the same route? Or should I expect to pay for a taxi alone? Surely every day is different, but I'd love to hear how it was for you. Thank you!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I'd consider going to Bayonne by train (or flight to Biarritz-Bayonne), and then take the connection to SJPP. Much more easier, and certainly much less expensive.

The PLM bus line website shows that it has Tuesday and Friday service from Pamplona to a village right on the border with Arneguy, France. You could then start walking the camino from there or walk a couple of hours to SJPDP (or taxi) and then walk it back the next day.

Back