• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

For Virgin pilgrims - newbies

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I’m less than two weeks from my start in SJPP. Definitely meeting the fear.
There is nothing wrong with fear. It is being afraid of the fear that can be paralyzing. With each step you take that first day your fears will melt away and you will be a step closer to letting go and letting the camino teach you what you need. A step closer to realize no matter who you are with you are walking your own camino and it is 100% yours. No matter who you are with and love, together we walk alone. Buen Camino.

There is nothing wrong with fear. It is being afraid of the fear that can be paralyzing. With each step you take that first day your fears will melt away and you will be a step closer to letting go and letting the camino teach you what you need. A step closer to realize no matter who you are with you are walking your own camino and it is 100% yours. No matter who you are with and love, together we walk alone. Buen Camino.
Thank you for your wise words. I agree that there isn't anything wrong with fear and I think I might be a little concerned if I weren't a bit anxious about walking from SJPP to Muxia for six weeks.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I’m less than two weeks from my start in SJPP. Definitely meeting the fear.
We’ll be only days apart Kasee, along with many others before and after. It’ll be my third Camino. Don’t worry. You’ll be with friends and the Spanish have been hosting pilgrims on that route for hundreds of years. Ask and you’ll always get help, and you’re certainly not alone and not the only one who gets a bit nervous. It’ll be fine. Respect your body, set your pace and enjoy.

We’ll be only days apart Kasee, along with many others before and after. It’ll be my third Camino. Don’t worry. You’ll be with friends and the Spanish have been hosting pilgrims on that route for hundreds of years. Ask and you’ll always get help, and you’re certainly not alone and not the only one who gets a bit nervous. It’ll be fine. Respect your body, set your pace and enjoy.
Thank you! That’s very comforting. I hope that we cross paths!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you for your wise words. I agree that there isn't anything wrong with fear and I think I might be a little concerned if I weren't a bit anxious about walking from SJPP to Muxia for six weeks.
You are exactly right about that. Even though I have walked six caminos I have never started one without at least some anxiety and concern. The difference now is it is less and I get over it more quickly! Buen Camino.

Start aprox 25 aug, probably Burgos-Santiago depending how many days I get available. Absolutely a newbie to this madness. Like to think I'll just jump into it with no worries, but last weeks given me about twenty thousand questions and fears.. ;-)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.