• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Forgotten items

Lynnhardy

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello … I’m walking camino de la plata now. I have by mistake left a small bag at a hostel in Seville. They won’t send it to me to an address I will be at in 8 days time. They say I must arrange pick up? I don’t understand what to do as Jane no idea of postal system or any Spanish? What do they mean! Any help appreciated! Thank you

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello … I’m walking camino de la plata now. I have by mistake left a small bag at a hostel in Seville. They won’t send it to me to an address I will be at in 8 days time. They say I must arrange pick up? I don’t understand what to do as Jane no idea of postal system or any Spanish? What do they mean! Any help appreciated! Thank you
Hi Lynn.... Try "Pilbeo" they collect and deliver back packs on your route....they may pick up your bag and deliver it to your designated accommodation....they are at contact@pilbeo.com...worth a try,,,,
contact@pilbeo.com

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I think they mean that sending it to you isn't their responsiblity but they will hold it for you for collection. Perhaps you can ask someone else to collect it.
I’m getting that impression. In uk they would just put it in post and I would refund postage. Shame that can’t do that

To cut to the chase Lynn; they mean it’s your problem not theirs. If you want the bag and contents you’ll have to arrange for someone to collect it and get it to you; or get it in the post to you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It might be cheaper to buy a new charger and cable and assorted sundries than to arrange for someone to pick it up and send/carry it to you...just a thought. (Learned the hard way that "why not just leave the stuff on the albergue table and forget about it?" was very good advice.) But it's for you to decide about it, of course.

Buen camino.

What do they mean!
Probably what they said - that you must arrange pickup.

You don't say how far away you are. If the items are valuable to you, maybe hop on a bus and go get them. If not, just let it go.:)

I imagine that the hostel would be faced with this situation quite often and has probably had to take a hard line. Besides, how would you "refund postage" without further complications?

In uk they would just put it in post and I would refund postage.
Isn't that a bit of a sweeping statement? While some accommodation providers might go to the trouble of packaging it, labelling it, taking it to the post office, paying for the postage, arranging a refund etc, most probably wouldn't be bothered with the hassle of it all unless it's something of significant value.

In Spain, as you are making a point of comparing it to your own country, thousands of items get left behind in albergues every year by careless pilgrims. Chargers, poles, crocs, clothes left on the line, books, sun lotion etc, most of it gets placed in donativo boxes for others to rummage through and much of it goes to good use, so there is an upside. But please look after your own stuff and don't expect others to run around after you.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It might be cheaper to buy a new charger and cable and assorted sundries than to arrange for someone to pick it up and send/carry it to you...just a thought. (Learned the hard way that "why not just leave the stuff on the albergue table and forget about it?" was very good advice.) But it's for you to decide about it, of course.

Buen camino.
Yes have decided to let the stuff go!

The bag is tiny with few items and a phone charger and cable.

One of the great lessons of the Camino…
Let it go!
Yes, letting go can be good....since 2007 I have let go of two pairs of sunglasses, one pair of shoes, three hats, (one actually taken by the wind into the Costa da Morte), two chargers, a lovely Swiss Army penknife in its own case (I would like it back please!).. two pairs of sweaty socks, one Camino guide (2010) one buff and a of course fellow pilgrims too many to count...but you know who you are......

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes it is annoying to forget something but can lead to further adventures.
I forgot my European power adapter but in Santiago (after fruitless searching for telco or electrical shops) was told to go to "Chin" I had no idea what this was (a $2 shop usually run by asian people) and was lead there by a helpful council worker. It was a different view of Santiago.

Consider it a donation to the Great Charger Swap that moves through all hostels, hotels and pensions! Long ago I went to a hotel desk to meekly request the loan of a charger. They presented me with a huge carton of left-behind chargers and invited me to select one for keeps. Evidently all lodgings have troves of them. It's our duty to keep it going...and coming. Cheers

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Consider it a donation to the Great Charger Swap that moves through all hostels, hotels and pensions! Long ago I went to a hotel desk to meekly request the loan of a charger. They presented me with a huge carton of left-behind chargers and invited me to select one for keeps. Evidently all lodgings have troves of them. It's our duty to keep it going...and coming. Cheers
One year when I was in a hotel in Burgos I realized that I had left the plug adapter for my charger in the wall at my previous night's stay. (Suggestion- if you use an adapter tape it to your charger). I asked at the front desk where I could buy an adapter, and the man at reception said no need, and pulled out a similar box full of left behind chargers.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.