A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Forgotten Towel, Villamayor

Camino(s) past & future
(2018)
Stayed in VIllamayor last night. Left behind a blue towel. My name is written all over it. McBrayer. I am in Logroño this evening. In the hostel by the cathedral. If someone should catch up to me and have it with them I would be most grateful. I am a very slow walker. I am old and tired. 440-590-1545 if you care to send a text message. That is a USA phone number.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Aug-Sept(2016) SJPDP-Finisterre, July-Aug(2017) SJPDP-Muxia-Finisterre, July-Aug(2018) El Norte
I believe that there is a Decathlon store in Logroño. You will need to take a taxi or bus to get there. They have lightweight camp towels. The towels at "China stores" will likely be too heavy.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
I left behind my towel last year in Castrojerez and surprisingly in the next village the following night, small towels were provided for use at the private albergue we stayed in. I asked if the owner would sell one to me, so he suggested 5 euro. It was a little bulky, but it got me through to Santiago!

Anamiri

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
We lost one bra, three socks (really - how is that possible) one light plastic mug, a pack cover (but found that again a few days later- how can you lose a fluoro yellow item) and a knife.
All I can say is thanks heavens for China shops. Although the one in Estella had a small bitey beagle guarding the door, and we had to be persistent to get inside. The owner seemed quite happy for him to growl and snap at us.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Several alone and with children
Good luck. You can replace it at a "China store" for a pittance. It probably has joined my two towels, three clothes lines, six shirts, two pants, and neckerchief as detritus from the Camino!:)
Agree, and I also wanted to suggest buying an absorbent scarf instead.
After my first Camino I gave up the REI towel and now only use scarves.
The whole family uses them!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%