• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Formatting not available when posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timr

Time of past OR future Camino
Several and counting...
Is it just me? Sunday 30 April. 9pm. All the formatting options and emojis and links etc are greyed out on the input pane (ie where I am writing this). Windows with Chrome. No change after rebooting.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Is it just me? Sunday 30 April. 9pm. All the formatting options and emojis and links etc are greyed out on the input pane (ie where I am writing this). Windows with Chrome. No change after rebooting.
I have changed to a Mac and it is working normally, also in in Chrome!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hmm… I have not changed anything… could it be a browser settings?
I have just rebooted everything again, a second time, on the Windows and still have no access to formatting. Er.....but I am not going to lose any sleep! :) I will check again in the morning.

It appears to be working OK on an iPhone

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@timr, it sounds like you toggled the BB code by accident. This is the square brackets button [ ] at the top on the right. When you press it, formatting, emojis etc are greyed out. The setting is specific to the browser, i.e. when you switch browser or device it is not transported. See screenshots below with this button in its two possible positions. Just click on it and the formatting will be available again. If you don't see the row with this button, click on the button with the three dots first (top row, right).

BB code 1.jpg

BBcode 2.jpg

Last edited:
@timr, it sounds like you toggled the BB code by accident. This is the square brackets button [ ] at the top on the right. When you press it, formatting, emojis etc are greyed out. The setting is specific to the browser, i.e. when you switch browser or device it is not transported. See screenshots below with this button in its two possible positions. Just click on it and the formatting will be available again
Thanks @Kathar1na. This happens to me occasionally on my phone, but I've never been exactly sure which button I accidentally tapped to make it happen. I just tap on the three dots, and that has worked.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
@timr, it sounds like you toggled the BB code by accident. This is the square brackets button [ ] at the top on the right. When you press it, formatting, emojis etc are greyed out. The setting is specific to the browser, i.e. when you switch browser or device it is not transported. See screenshots below with this button in its two possible positions. Just click on it and the formatting will be available again. If you don't see the row with this button, click on the button with the three dots first (top row, right).

View attachment 145970

View attachment 145971
Well done @Kathar1na - that is a very well hidden button!!
Thanks. :)

Do what I do. When I have an issue or can't figure out how to do something I find a 10 year old and say if I think it is not working "I don't know what is wrong, it's not working make it work". Or if I want to do something that I do not know how to do, I say"I don't know how to do _______ (fill in the blank), do it for me.
Believe me it works like a charm.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.