• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Forum Meet-Up and Input please

Time and Place input (please choose one for each)

• Total voters

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Hi everybody, like I wrote in another thread, now that I live in Santiago I would love to get involved with the forum meet-up. I saw Ivar today and he thought it wasn't a bad idea ;-)

So, here my questions:

What time would be good one and do you prefer to go to a bar/café or to come to my place (http://egeria.house/contact/ map at the end of the page), which is just around the corner from Café Tertulia. I have a kitchen-living room on the ground floor.

So, can you just give me your input stating

Time: Morning/mid day/evening
Place: Cafe-Bar/ SYates' place

Thanks and see you soon, SY

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think late afternoon/ early evening would be nice.
Regarding place : Although I think you are wonderful and generous to open your house but would it not be too much an intrusion of your privacy? I mean there is a difference between the odd pilgrim who pm's you for help or the continuous and possible daily meet-up like it was at Tertulia. Just my humble idea :)

Sorry I'm a little confused is this a once off event or a daily occurrence for every forum Pilgrim when they arrive in Santiago?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
... but would it not be too much an intrusion of your privacy? ...

Actually no, a) as it would allow me to do things in the house in case nobody comes ;-) and b) I moved to Santiago with the idea to help pilgrims/have an open home, so I am looking forward to them ;-)

BC SY

Sorry I'm a little confused is this a once off event or a daily occurrence for every forum Pilgrim when they arrive in Santiago?

The original forum meet-up was meant to be a daily or nearly daily event, lets see how this develops. At the moment it is about a regular event where forum pilgrims can meet and know when and where to meet when they are in Santiago.

BC SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
SYates, I am very interested. I have been to the cafe Tertula many times but never met any forum menbers. Hopefully this can work out. Keep me noticed, I am happy you put up your initiative.

Edit: Very kind of you to offer your own place, and I would prefer that, because it would make it mor certain to meet forum members/someone in our mind of thinking, I believe.

Last edited:
Hi everybody, like I wrote in another thread, now that I live in Santiago I would love to get involved with the forum meet-up. I saw Ivar today and he thought it wasn't a bad idea ;-)

So, here my questions:

What time would be good one and do you prefer to go to a bar/café or to come to my place (http://egeria.house/contact/ map at the end of the page), which is just around the corner from Café Tertulia. I have a kitchen-living room on the ground floor.

I am really looking forward to meeting you SY, and a bunch of the crazy folks I've been chatting with here on the Forum. Hope you are still welcoming weary travelers when I get to Santiago again, sometime at the end of September. Who knows how long it will take this old woman to walk the Portuguese route? Took me 54 days to do the Frances from SJPP two years ago, and I was younger then.
So y'all behave out there! Don't make SY change her mind and lock her doors before I get there!
Shall I bring you something from North Carolina SY?
With love,
Coleen

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think that I would prefer late afternoon/early evening. As far as the place goes, I think that should be up to SYates. I can see the advantage for her to have it at her home, that way she wouldn't have to leave the house to go to the meeting place, only to find out that no one else showed up.

That is a great idea and very generous of you Sybille. I would prefer your home so we can bring whatever food and drink we wanted to share (presumably) and I find Café Tertulia has a very limited selection.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

So, here my questions:

Anytime, Sybill :D
But maybe later this year or ... maybe next year ;)

I would love this.

Late afternoon/evening would be fab.
Cafe - so as not to impinge on your privacy SY but to meet in your home would be so lovely too.

When do you anticipate this would start?
And where will you post final details? I am hoping to arrive in Santiago, coming from Porto in mid-July. Would love to meet everyone then :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We're a diverse bunch, so it may be hard to pull something organized together - unless you are good at herding cats. I've been able to meet up with people in Santiago by arranging ahead of time, and that may be what will work best...or if you were to have an 'open house' at a set time that works for you.
Thank you for all you do SY!!

... I can see the advantage for her to have it at her home, that way she wouldn't have to leave the house to go to the meeting place, only to find out that no one else showed up.

Exactly, every time I went to the Tertulia, I was the only forum pilgrim there :(.

... I would prefer your home so we can bring whatever food and drink we wanted to share (presumably)...

My thinking exactly - it would allow pilgrims with all kind of budgets to participate.

... When do you anticipate this would start?
And where will you post final details? ...

Next week will be taken up with paperwork (and the pilgrims that 'happen' to find me), but the week after I should be able to start with this. First I will post it here, but when it seems to work, I will try to convince @ivar to make it a sticky post in this sub-forum.

... - unless you are good at herding cats. ...
As a fellow feral cat - I think I am!

BC SY

I think the Tertulia attempt has show we are ferral cats who prefer the comfort of a tablet to communicate that having to wash up and face up. ;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I think the Tertulia attempt has show we are ferral cats who prefer the comfort of a tablet to communicate that having to wash up and face up. ;)
Hey, speak for yourself. :p
Some of us enjoy getting spiffed up and meeting others. :)

Last edited:
Hi SY, what a lovely and generous idea to opening your home to us for a chat. Tertulia, as interesting a place this is...I waited many an evening to meet other forum members but never successfully.
I will be in Santiago July 1 to 15 and it would be lovely to meet up wherever you decide.
Leaving Lourdes this morning to start C. Aragonese.
Light and Love. Ingrid

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
God willing I hope to see you near the end of September.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back