Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Forum meet-up in Lisboa

peregrina2000

Staff member
It was a beautiful clear night, full moon, I think, and five forum members got together at the PeregrinaLX bar in Lisbon. The place was atmospheric, the talk was non-stop, and it was all in all a 5 ***** GTG.

B91AF173-EE5C-4CDC-B551-115354A42DEE.jpeg
Starting at lower left — @jungleboy, XXX, @amsimoes, XXX, @Rodrigo Cerqueira , XXX, @peregrina2000, @Wendy Werneth. I used the XXX for non-forum members who may not want to be identified!

Forum members are wonderful people! I’ve never had a disappointing meet-up!

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Martin 888

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2019, Camino Frances 2020, Camino del Norte 2021
I’m going to be in Lisbon with my wife in about 3 weeks for a couple of nights…..you guys look as though you know the city well…..any recos for restaurants or bars that we just have to visit? Any local gems? Thanks!!

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
Past OR future Camino
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
It was a beautiful clear night, full moon, I think, and five forum members got together at the PeregrinaLX bar in Lisbon. The place was atmospheric, the talk was non-stop, and it was all in all a 5 ***** GTG.

View attachment 113606
Starting at lower left — @jungleboy, XXX, @amsimoes, XXX, @Rodrigo Cerqueira , XXX, @peregrina2000, @Wendy Werneth. I used the XXX for non-forum members who may not want to be identified!

Nice to see you back on the picture Aurélio and your wife And happily surprised to see you back again Laurie.
greetings from the Netherlands.
Albertinho

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Doughnut NZ

From Aotearoa New Zealand
Past OR future Camino

View attachment 113606

You do get around quite a lot 🐱

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Past OR future Camino
A few in the past; more in the future!
I’m going to be in Lisbon with my wife in about 3 weeks for a couple of nights…..you guys look as though you know the city well…..any recos for restaurants or bars that we just have to visit? Any local gems? Thanks!!
For bars I just think of the ones with the best views. My favourites in this respect are these two:

The rooftop bar at Hotel Mundial in Martim Moniz. It's in the bowl of the Baixa so it has great 360-degree views of the surrounding urban hills and especially the castle.

The small bar above the city wall at the Portas do Sol lookout (Bar Terraço de Santa Luzia). Access is from the other side at the Santa Luzia lookout. Beautiful views over the rooftops of Alfama and the river beyond.

Martin 888

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2019, Camino Frances 2020, Camino del Norte 2021
For bars I just think of the ones with the best views. My favourites in this respect are these two:

The rooftop bar at Hotel Mundial in Martim Moniz. It's in the bowl of the Baixa so it has great 360-degree views of the surrounding urban hills and especially the castle.

The small bar above the city wall at the Portas do Sol lookout (Bar Terraço de Santa Luzia). Access is from the other side at the Santa Luzia lookout. Beautiful views over the rooftops of Alfama and the river beyond.
Brilliant….many thanks !!

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children

View attachment 113606

That’s a lot of great looking pilgrims in one spot!!! You all look like you are having the BEST time!!!! Lovely Lisbon and pilgrims! Much love!!!!

peregrina2000

Staff member
Years ago when I lived in Lisbon for a year, I put together a “walking tour” of Lisbon. It doesn’t include the castle or tile museum, obviously two destinations in their own right. I think it takes in the main places and gives you a bit of up and down on Lisbon’s hills.

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Great to put names to faces.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings