• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Forum Members Meet in Santiago?

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Most recent: Fall 2023 Aragonés, Frances
At the end of my next camino, I look forward to visiting @SYates at Egeria House and @natefaith at the Pilgrim House. Recent threads seem to indicate there will be quite a few of us in Santiago within the couple of weeks at the end of April / beginning of May 2018. This could possibly be the chance for some great get-togethers! If your dates are known and you're interested, perhaps member Santiago dates could be posted here.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'll be walking the last part of the Portuguese at the end of April (I expect to celebrate my birthday on 30 April in Pontevedra).

I'll arrive in Santiago de Compostela on 3 May, and leave 5 May - and it would be lovely to meet some fellow forum members!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This is a great idea, @Theatregal. I have had some really nice times in Santiago meeting forum members. Sadly, this will be the first year in at least 15 years that I will not be walking into Santiago. I'm starting in Almería and have promised the family I will only be walking for a month this year, so there is no way I will get there. I am not sure how I am going to handle this! Hope you meet up with lots of forum members, buen camino, Laurie

19 April is my birthday too :p

I will be in Santiago on Wed 25 April.
Jill
I've always liked that my birthday falls in the middle of April as the grass and leaves are just becoming green after the long winters where I live. I also love being on the Camino in the spring, so have not celebrated my birthday at home in three years. The only thing about my birthdate I don't like any more is the year attached to it! :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Is Cafe Tertulia still a possibility? I have been there a couple of times, was welcomed warmly, but never met another pilgrim.

Hi, falcon, I have had two or three meetings in Tertulia, but I posted about it in advance on the forum so that people knew someone would be there. It turns out that SYates lives about two minutes from the café, and last year, I just went there. Tertulia also has the inconvenience that if the weather is nice and you are sitting outside, the road that passes by is quite busy and noisy. But if you were going to be in Tertulia and let everyone know, I'm sure there would be pilgrims beating down the door to meet you. :D

Hi, just seeing this ;-) If we could get a small "crowd" together, I am more than happy to host also a bring and share/potluck dinner/lunch/breakfast. The dinner we had for Saint James Day eve last year was great fun ;-) Keep me posted and if one date emerges I am game. If not, just drop in for coffee/tea/beverage of choice to the usual forum-meet-up times, see https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/forum-meet-up-winter-hibernation.48513/

I will be out of hibernation around end of February/beginning of March, but if anybody is earlier in town and needs a coffee, just send me a message. Buen Camino, SY

FYI, I plan to arrive off the Invierno on or about 21 April. My flight home is not until the 28th. Heads up Sybill!
I've always liked that my birthday falls in the middle of April as the grass and leaves are just becoming green after the long winters where I live. I also love being on the Camino in the spring, so have not celebrated my birthday at home in three years. The only thing about my birthdate I don't like any more is the year attached to it! :)

But, think of yourself as a bottle of fine Spanish wine. It (and you) gets better with each passing year. It is also said that the best wine comes from older barrels... Just sayin...;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just piping in again to note that the Forum Meet-Up is at @SYates', and we're changing our Pilgrim House Meet-Ups to be more intentional, focused Camino Debriefs. These group debriefing sessions are open to all recently-arrived pilgrims.

Of course you can still always come in and out all day, as you please, when we're open.

Buen Camino to all who are walking in 2018 and we in Santiago look forward to seeing you soon! :)

FYI, I plan to arrive off the Invierno on or about 21 April. My flight home is not until the 28th. Heads up Sybill!

But, think of yourself as a bottle of fine Spanish wine. It (and you) gets better with each passing year. It is also said that the best wine comes from older barrels... Just sayin...;)
Tom, I like your optimism!... and I look forward to meeting you in person mid March!:)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This is a great idea, @Theatregal. I have had some really nice times in Santiago meeting forum members. Sadly, this will be the first year in at least 15 years that I will not be walking into Santiago. I'm starting in Almería and have promised the family I will only be walking for a month this year, so there is no way I will get there. I am not sure how I am going to handle this! Hope you meet up with lots of forum members, buen camino, Laurie
I do hope to meet you sometime Laurie! It's looking like I'll just miss everyone. I've decided on part of the VDLP - as before I head to Spain on this trip I'll also be spending time walking with camino friends in the Netherlands and the UK. Planning on arriving in Santiago on May 1st or 2nd.

If you will be in Santiago on 3rd/4th May I'll be there, and so will Peter Franciscus (it seems we both leave on the 5th).

And natefaith of course, and Sybil too. Apologies for not mentioning you in the above statement!

Come on theatregal, surely there's a GTG/forum meet up to be had on one of those dates?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And natefaith of course, and Sybil too. Apologies for not mentioning you in the above statement!

Come on theatregal, surely there's a GTG/forum meet up to be had on one of those dates?
Yes! I hope so! Let's keep in touch around that time. I can be a bit of a wanderer and lingerer when I walk so I never have a definite date of arrival, but hoping to be in Santiago by the 1st, 2nd or 3rd (or 4th:))

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.