Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Forum Moderator takes a break ...

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
Here on the South Coast of NSW, Australia, we’ve had some wild weather over the last couple of weeks, with two East Coast Lows causing havoc - flooding and major property damage in many areas.

It’s been really difficult to get out for a walk due to the high winds and torrential rain.

Today the sun is shining once more so out I went for a walk. One of my favourite walking routes is along a quiet road beside bushland so I chose this route today. When on a walk thoughts of the Camino, the Forum and all my Camino friends are never far away - walking and the Forum particularly helps keep the Camino alive for so many of us.

I was surprised and delighted to find that I wasn’t the only one enjoying being out in the sun - see the photo of ‘Kanga’ taking a break and enjoying the sun!

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

34A8279D-CA95-4E97-A389-2A58B7DF9A01.jpeg

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
Ops. I think that's the wrong Kanga. Our dear Jill might not agree. But yes it was a great day to get out, as was yesterday, ended up doing 5 km. The doctor will be happy. Cheers
Great that you’re back ‘in training‘ Mike - onwards and alongwards for your Portuguese camino next year.
Cheers -
Jenny

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
While we had no Caminos planned this year, we did have a trip to Scotland scheduled for April of this year to walk the Great Glen Way. Obviously, that was an early victim to the pandemic. Living in Colorado, we are blessed with fine weather and are thus able to walk every day--usually for about 3 miles (5k) most days, but occasionally 4 to 6 miles (6.5k to 9.5k). With the warming of the weather, we have extended our hiking to include weekly hikes in the mountains a few miles west of our home in Denver, and add higher elevations to our walking menu. This week we took a 4 mile (6.5k) hike, beginning at approximately 11,000 feet (3350m) and climbing to 12,000 feet (3650m).

Camino(s) past & future
Flights booked from Edinburgh for May 2018 planning walking from Sarria to Santiago
While we had no Caminos planned this year, we did have a trip to Scotland scheduled for April of this year to walk the Great Glen Way. Obviously, that was an early victim to the pandemic. Living in Colorado, we are blessed with fine weather and are thus able to walk every day--usually for about 3 miles (5k) most days, but occasionally 4 to 6 miles (6.5k to 9.5k). With the warming of the weather, we have extended our hiking to include weekly hikes in the mountains a few miles west of our home in Denver, and add higher elevations to our walking menu. This week we took a 4 mile (6.5k) hike, beginning at approximately 11,000 feet (3350m) and climbing to 12,000 feet (3650m).
Let’s hope your trip to Scotland will sooner than later, we are doing well, our children will return to school Auhust👍🙏

susanawee

susanawee
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
Here on the South Coast of NSW, Australia, we’ve had some wild weather over the last couple of weeks, with two East Coast Lows causing havoc - flooding and major property damage in many areas.

It’s been really difficult to get out for a walk due to the high winds and torrential rain.

Today the sun is shining once more so out I went for a walk. One of my favourite walking routes is along a quiet road beside bushland so I chose this route today. When on a walk thoughts of the Camino, the Forum and all my Camino friends are never far away - walking and the Forum particularly helps keep the Camino alive for so many of us.

I was surprised and delighted to find that I wasn’t the only one enjoying being out in the sun - see the photo of ‘Kanga’ taking a break and enjoying the sun!

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

View attachment 79649
Jenny, thankyou for your words there and the lovely 'kanga'. I also went for a walk out in the sunshine yesterday, though my steps are now so limited because of my foot and lower back. Maybe another Camino one day, maybe not. Sending you some hugs from Western Australia where we hope the Virus continues to stay away. 🌻 🍀

susanawee

susanawee
Camino(s) past & future
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
Ops. I think that's the wrong Kanga. Our dear Jill might not agree. But yes it was a great day to get out, as was yesterday, ended up doing 5 km. The doctor will be happy. Cheers
Saint Mike 11......just wondering how you are going. I think that I read a couple of months ago that you have been unwell. Healing Camino Vibes flying from one side of this huge country of ours to the other......Western Australia is a good place to be at the present time.

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
Jenny, thankyou for your words there and the lovely 'kanga'. I also went for a walk out in the sunshine yesterday, though my steps are now so limited because of my foot and lower back. Maybe another Camino one day, maybe not. Sending you some hugs from Western Australia where we hope the Virus continues to stay away. 🌻 🍀
Cheers Sue - it’s terrific that you’re in training. The Camino will be there for us when we’re able to return - slow, soft and gentle caminos are when you experience its sacred magic.
Huge Camino hugs back to you beautiful girl -
Stay safe and stay well -
Jenny xxx

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
Gosh, Jim - the Great Glen Way would have been wonderful - may the time come In the not too distant future when your plans become a reality.
Gorgeous Colorado! What a beautiful place to live! And to be able to train in the mountains would be an absolute joy.
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
Thanks, @JennyH94. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful place. If you ever get away for a winter getaway from Oz and Colorado is your destination, we'll be happy to take you on a high-altitude wildflower hike. The last week in July/first week in August are typically the peak. And yes, we do hope to get to Scotland for another shot at the Great Glen Way.

Camino(s) past & future
Flights booked from Edinburgh for May 2018 planning walking from Sarria to Santiago
Thanks, @JennyH94. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful place. If you ever get away for a winter getaway from Oz and Colorado is your destination, we'll be happy to take you on a high-altitude wildflower hike. The last week in July/first week in August are typically the peak. And yes, we do hope to get to Scotland for another shot at the Great Glen Way.
Haste Yea back, even though you’ve not made your journey, you’ll not be disappointed 1596223329215.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Saint Mike 11......just wondering how you are going. I think that I read a couple of months ago that you have been unwell. Healing Camino Vibes flying from one side of this huge country of ours to the other......Western Australia is a good place to be at the present time.
Hola Susan - yes 2019 was not a great year for me (apart from reaching the big seven oh). First there was prostate surgery followed by a diagnosis of bone cancer. I have had the 6 chemo sessions. So now it's "get on with life" and enjoy whatever years are left - hopefully more than 5.
So big thank you's for your kind wishes. Stay safe, wear a mask if you feel uncomfortable in confined spaces. Cheers

susanawee

susanawee
Camino(s) past & future
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
Cheers Sue - it’s terrific that you’re in training. The Camino will be there for us when we’re able to return - slow, soft and gentle caminos are when you experience its sacred magic.
Huge Camino hugs back to you beautiful girl -
Stay safe and stay well -
Jenny xxx
Thankyou Jenny....Camino Blessings

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
Thank you for the kind invitation Jim! The company fellow of pilgrims, the stunning scenery and the huge swathes of wildflowers would be something very special indeed.
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Camino(s) past & future
What an absolutely gorgeous photo Mattnlucy - I think the Great Glen Way is going to be on more than a few Forum members’ bucket lists!
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny
What an absolutely gorgeous photo Mattnlucy - I think the Great Glen Way is going to be on more than a few Forum members’ bucket lists!
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny
Thanks Jenny, you most certainly will not be disappointed by the beauty of Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
alexwalker "Not so serious" topics 92

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock