• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Forum Moderator takes a break ...

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Time of past OR future Camino
CF whole & part 12-19, VF 17, VDLP+ptSbres22
Here on the South Coast of NSW, Australia, we’ve had some wild weather over the last couple of weeks, with two East Coast Lows causing havoc - flooding and major property damage in many areas.

It’s been really difficult to get out for a walk due to the high winds and torrential rain.

Today the sun is shining once more so out I went for a walk. One of my favourite walking routes is along a quiet road beside bushland so I chose this route today. When on a walk thoughts of the Camino, the Forum and all my Camino friends are never far away - walking and the Forum particularly helps keep the Camino alive for so many of us.

I was surprised and delighted to find that I wasn’t the only one enjoying being out in the sun - see the photo of ‘Kanga’ taking a break and enjoying the sun!

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

34A8279D-CA95-4E97-A389-2A58B7DF9A01.jpeg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ops. I think that's the wrong Kanga. Our dear Jill might not agree. But yes it was a great day to get out, as was yesterday, ended up doing 5 km. The doctor will be happy. Cheers
Great that you’re back ‘in training‘ Mike - onwards and alongwards for your Portuguese camino next year.
Cheers -
Jenny

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
While we had no Caminos planned this year, we did have a trip to Scotland scheduled for April of this year to walk the Great Glen Way. Obviously, that was an early victim to the pandemic. Living in Colorado, we are blessed with fine weather and are thus able to walk every day--usually for about 3 miles (5k) most days, but occasionally 4 to 6 miles (6.5k to 9.5k). With the warming of the weather, we have extended our hiking to include weekly hikes in the mountains a few miles west of our home in Denver, and add higher elevations to our walking menu. This week we took a 4 mile (6.5k) hike, beginning at approximately 11,000 feet (3350m) and climbing to 12,000 feet (3650m).

While we had no Caminos planned this year, we did have a trip to Scotland scheduled for April of this year to walk the Great Glen Way. Obviously, that was an early victim to the pandemic. Living in Colorado, we are blessed with fine weather and are thus able to walk every day--usually for about 3 miles (5k) most days, but occasionally 4 to 6 miles (6.5k to 9.5k). With the warming of the weather, we have extended our hiking to include weekly hikes in the mountains a few miles west of our home in Denver, and add higher elevations to our walking menu. This week we took a 4 mile (6.5k) hike, beginning at approximately 11,000 feet (3350m) and climbing to 12,000 feet (3650m).
Let’s hope your trip to Scotland will sooner than later, we are doing well, our children will return to school Auhust👍🙏

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Here on the South Coast of NSW, Australia, we’ve had some wild weather over the last couple of weeks, with two East Coast Lows causing havoc - flooding and major property damage in many areas.

It’s been really difficult to get out for a walk due to the high winds and torrential rain.

Today the sun is shining once more so out I went for a walk. One of my favourite walking routes is along a quiet road beside bushland so I chose this route today. When on a walk thoughts of the Camino, the Forum and all my Camino friends are never far away - walking and the Forum particularly helps keep the Camino alive for so many of us.

I was surprised and delighted to find that I wasn’t the only one enjoying being out in the sun - see the photo of ‘Kanga’ taking a break and enjoying the sun!

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

View attachment 79649
Jenny, thankyou for your words there and the lovely 'kanga'. I also went for a walk out in the sunshine yesterday, though my steps are now so limited because of my foot and lower back. Maybe another Camino one day, maybe not. Sending you some hugs from Western Australia where we hope the Virus continues to stay away. 🌻 🍀

Ops. I think that's the wrong Kanga. Our dear Jill might not agree. But yes it was a great day to get out, as was yesterday, ended up doing 5 km. The doctor will be happy. Cheers
Saint Mike 11......just wondering how you are going. I think that I read a couple of months ago that you have been unwell. Healing Camino Vibes flying from one side of this huge country of ours to the other......Western Australia is a good place to be at the present time.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Jenny, thankyou for your words there and the lovely 'kanga'. I also went for a walk out in the sunshine yesterday, though my steps are now so limited because of my foot and lower back. Maybe another Camino one day, maybe not. Sending you some hugs from Western Australia where we hope the Virus continues to stay away. 🌻 🍀
Cheers Sue - it’s terrific that you’re in training. The Camino will be there for us when we’re able to return - slow, soft and gentle caminos are when you experience its sacred magic.
Huge Camino hugs back to you beautiful girl -
Stay safe and stay well -
Jenny xxx

Gosh, Jim - the Great Glen Way would have been wonderful - may the time come In the not too distant future when your plans become a reality.
Gorgeous Colorado! What a beautiful place to live! And to be able to train in the mountains would be an absolute joy.
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks, @JennyH94. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful place. If you ever get away for a winter getaway from Oz and Colorado is your destination, we'll be happy to take you on a high-altitude wildflower hike. The last week in July/first week in August are typically the peak. And yes, we do hope to get to Scotland for another shot at the Great Glen Way.

Thanks, @JennyH94. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful place. If you ever get away for a winter getaway from Oz and Colorado is your destination, we'll be happy to take you on a high-altitude wildflower hike. The last week in July/first week in August are typically the peak. And yes, we do hope to get to Scotland for another shot at the Great Glen Way.
Haste Yea back, even though you’ve not made your journey, you’ll not be disappointed 1596223329215.jpeg

Saint Mike 11......just wondering how you are going. I think that I read a couple of months ago that you have been unwell. Healing Camino Vibes flying from one side of this huge country of ours to the other......Western Australia is a good place to be at the present time.

Hola Susan - yes 2019 was not a great year for me (apart from reaching the big seven oh). First there was prostate surgery followed by a diagnosis of bone cancer. I have had the 6 chemo sessions. So now it's "get on with life" and enjoy whatever years are left - hopefully more than 5.
So big thank you's for your kind wishes. Stay safe, wear a mask if you feel uncomfortable in confined spaces. Cheers

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Cheers Sue - it’s terrific that you’re in training. The Camino will be there for us when we’re able to return - slow, soft and gentle caminos are when you experience its sacred magic.
Huge Camino hugs back to you beautiful girl -
Stay safe and stay well -
Jenny xxx
Thankyou Jenny....Camino Blessings

Thank you for the kind invitation Jim! The company fellow of pilgrims, the stunning scenery and the huge swathes of wildflowers would be something very special indeed.
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What an absolutely gorgeous photo Mattnlucy - I think the Great Glen Way is going to be on more than a few Forum members’ bucket lists!
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny
What an absolutely gorgeous photo Mattnlucy - I think the Great Glen Way is going to be on more than a few Forum members’ bucket lists!
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny
Thanks Jenny, you most certainly will not be disappointed by the beauty of Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.