• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Forum Patch

Andrea Mayfield

it's about the journey.....
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (May 2015)
Camino Portugues - Porto to Santiago (June 2018)
How did you attach your forum patch to your backpack??? Gorilla/Super glue or needle and thread or other technique??
Inquiring minds want to know :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I would have used a hammer and nail. Lucky for me, my wife is a very good sewer :)

I sewed mine on the front of my backpack and so far it has stayed on even though my backpack and the Forum patch has been on two Caminoes. The Portugese from Lisboa to Muxia and the Ingles to Finisterre.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I sewed mine on the front of my backpack and so far it has stayed on even though my backpack and the Forum patch has been on two Caminoes. The Portugese from Lisboa to Muxia and the Ingles to Finisterre.
Good argument for sewing! Thanks

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
For my second Camino (in ten days) I used Velcro to attach my "I walked the Camino Frances" patch (thanks Ivar). It surprised me as it bonded strongly to the fabric of my new and smaller Osprey 38L. Didn't have to use needle and thread. Remains to be seen how it stacks up though.
Last year I sewed the Forum Patch and a Camino patch onto my 50L backpack. Didn't have problems with it except that I naturally put plenty of holes on the pack and...as per Tincatinker, possibly made it ineligible for life-time guarantee from Osprey. :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Seamstress also comes to mind. Now I have to find purple thread to match my pack :)

@Andrea Mayfield - I have sewn ours to the mesh outer pockets and the top pocket flap so as not to puncture the main pack. I used a gold yellow thread to match the rim of the badge so it is invisible :). So far these badges have been on at least 4 Caminos and are still looking good.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Our 'spare' badge is on a lanyard so will hang off any pack or even round my neck. Useful for times when neither the pack (nor hat) are being worn.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
ooooooo lanyard, that's a good idea. I also like attaching to the mesh rather than the actual pack -- reduces change of rain seepage.
Thanks everyone :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thought of forum patch too late, as my daughter and I are leaving from Atlanta on Sept. 7 and walking out of St. Jean on September 10. :( I do have some other patches to sew on our packs, so this thread has been helpful. Can you get Camino patches in St. Jean?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks, Tincatinker! I guess I could give it a try and see. Even if I don't get them before, I could still have them to keep.

Mine arrived in Utah very quickly. Maybe 5 days?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back