A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Forum problems with Yahoo e-mail adresses

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

It seems like users that have regitered in the forum with a Yahoo e-mail address are not recieving e-mails from the forum.

I did some research and found this:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=660159
and
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 1#p3269114

It seems like Yahoo has a very "effective" spam filter and does not even deliver these messages that are sent out automatically from software (like the forum).

To get white listed with Yahoo I need to fill out a form, will do it today and see what they say.

Alternatively, you could change your e-mail address to a non-Yahoo address to start getting e-mails form the forum again. You can do so here:
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details

Saludos,
Ivar

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
I have a yahoo (yahoo.co.nz) address and am receiving e-mails from the forum. However, the first one went into my 'bulk' folder and I then needed to add the address to my list to stop that from happening.
Margaret

Maybe I do not understand, but which emails should I be receiving in my regular email addy? I jsut come here, the forum, to read all the latest.
Hmmm,
Lillian

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
It might depend on your settings Lillian. But for instance I received an e-mail to tell me there was another posting on this thread since I had contributed to it. (I can decide to stop these e-mails if I want.) Plus I get an e-mail if somebody sends me a private message. Again, these notifications can be opted out of.
Margaret

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
All these setting can be found here:
ucp.php?i=165

If you are not receiving e-mails from the forum, and you think you should, make sure that they do not end up in the spam folder (many times it does). Once you un-spam it everything should work just fine.

Saludos,
Ivar

I just conducted a little experiment with Ivar, deliberating sending emails from the forum to a Yahoo acct, and the msg did indeed go straight to the spam box (which Yahoo calls bulk for some reason).

So if you have a Yahoo mail acct and you're not receiving emails from the site as expected, look in your bulk box and move them into the inbox (if you have a large no of spam msgs in there, search for 'santiago' or similar). Also mark them as 'not spam' - the more people mark msgs from the forum as non-spam, the faster Yahoo's spamguard will stop putting them into the spam box.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 191 24.3%